Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
There are two things that we want to share with anyone considering joining us.
Firstly, we’ve got big ambitions for our colleagues and the future of the organisation. These include our vision that inclusion and accessibility drive every conversation we have and every decision we make. We want our workforce to fully represent the communities and customers we serve, because a diverse business is a better business. We value every colleague, their diversity and the contribution that they make. When we say you’re welcome at BT, we really mean it.
Secondly, the one thing the pandemic has taught us is that a lot of current and future colleagues, where and when possible, want to embrace hybrid working. Therefore, we are introducing smart working at BT. Smart working means having the flexibility to choose, as a team, how and where you work depending on your team’s deliverables and needs; when you are at your shared core location to connect with others and when not. It may not be for every role, and, as part of the recruitment process, you’ll have the chance to discuss smart working and how it might work for the job you are applying for.
About this role
This role is responsible for the architecture, design and in-life management of one of the UKs largest and most complex, 2nd largest M&E estate in the UK.
This role is key to delivering BT’s strategic ambition of being the World’s Number 1 Network, it will define the architecture and implement world-class solutions to deliver a world class customer experience for all BT and EE products and services.
This role will define the policies for power, cooling, accommodation, rigging and complaince as well as providing second line technical support for power and radio rigging.
This role will deliver one of the UK’s largest and most complex power, cooling and accommodation programmes over multiple years to support ongoing and predicted growth in network and IT demand.
This role will take accountability, on behalf of BT, for electrical standards, health, safety and environmental compliance.
You'll have the following responsibilities
• Over the 5 year MTP you’ll be responsible for investing circa £0.5bn of CAPEX and managing £150k of operating costs associated with running the M&E estate.
• You’ll engage with power & cooling and mast & towers standards bodies to drive change that creates opportunities for operational efficiency and H&S enhancements.
• You’ll work closely with the network platform teams in BT, EE and Openreach to develop a forward-looking estate footprint that evolves to ensure the estate is cost optimised and ready for the demands of tomorrow in terms of power, cooling, environmental and other building fabric and infrastructure
• You will be a key part of the leadership team and technical expert that will be defining, communicating and maintaining the evolution of the energy, power and cooling strategic vision to underpin an All IP Network by 2025.
• You’ll provide inspirational leadership, direction and coaching and create a culture of high engagement and continuous development. Driving professional development and leadership capability to create a brilliant team.
You'll have the following skills & experience
• Power, Cooling and Energy expertise as well as an appreciation of other M&E disciplines.
• Dynamic team leader with delivery experience in large scale complex transformation.
• Strong commercial and technical acumen.
• A seasoned subject matter expert, you will have deep engineering experience in terms of estate infrastructure management and the legal, regulatory and compliance aspects (Power, cooling, electrical, health & safety etc.)
• Operational knowledge of running large scale electrical estates and attention to detail.
• Knowledge and experience of telecoms and/or data centre powering solutions – planning or operations
• Knowledge and experience of DC power systems and distribution – planning or operations
• Minimum 5 - 10 years’ experience leading complex power and cooling design solutions
• 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
• 15% on target bonus
• Car allowance
• Pension scheme
• Shares Plan
• Flexible benefits: cycle to work, childcare vouchers, healthcare, etc.
• Discounted BT products