About this role
We use our engineering expertise to protect and build the services of today and tomorrow, for our customers - around the clock and wherever they are – and we need you to help us do this.
You will be a BT-wide technical & compliance authority for Mechanical infrastructure in BT. This covers all of BT’s technical facilities (c. 6000 exchanges, c.30 data-centres, 22 Core Mobile Switch sites) across the UK, with c. 250K mechanical and electrical assets under management.
Engineering Services is at the heart of BT's service delivery. Our facilities and associated infrastructure drives all BT network-based services, as well as internal and external IT solutions, and underpins BT’s strategy in terms of accelerated fibre rollout, ESN/5G deployment and much more.
You will excel as a technical specialist, involved in major projects or compliance programmes covering M&E across the BT estate. You will play a key role in the expansion of BT’s 21C Core network over the next 3-5 years.
You’ll be a technical specialist & delivery manager to assigned projects covering, but not limited to, 21c network accommodation expansion. This will cover management of the specification, design, procurement and construction phases of Mechanical installations, BMS, as well as knowledge in DNO capacity, AC / Standby Power systems, AC infrastructure, DC Power, and site construction.
You'll have the following responsibilities
• You will be part of an M&E infrastructure team comprising: electrical, mechanical and accommodation specialists
• Delivering major 21C accommodation expansion projects primarily at our 21C, Data Centre and Core Mobile sites – Developing schemes to expand cooling capacity
• Provide specialist M&E knowledge in the preparation, management and maintenance of M&E systems related policies, engineering standards and guides
• Prepare Statements of Requirements (SoR) for project specific mechanical systems, Review technical designs, evaluate designs against SOR requirements
• Represent BT, as the nominated technical specialist, during Factory and Site Acceptance Testing (FAT/SAT)
• Keep up to date with emerging technologies and trends within the telecommunications industry. Compare current policies, standards and guides with other industries (e.g. water sector, energy sector, etc.)
• Implement and own M&E systems e2e including specification, tender, training and in-life excellence
• Be a technical lead in Mechanical (cooling) systems to ensure innovation and compliance is maintained in designs. Utilising new technologies where appropriate for design or cost improvements.
• Ensuring that Legal and Regulatory compliance is maintained and that BT safe working practices are applied.
You'll have the following skills & experience
• Stakeholder Management: Able to establish and maintain internal and external stakeholder relationships and facilitates mutually beneficial negotiations to develop solutions, ensuring they meet current and emerging business and technical needs. Ability to work at all levels – ranging from MD to front-line across multiple CFUs.
• Technical Expert: Serving as an externally recognised M&E expert - influencing industry forums, external boards and/or conferences through technical expertise. Proactively contributes to the product evolution by bringing an understanding of what new product/services can be enabled by emerging technology capabilities.
• Site & Project Governance: Able to interpret relevant requirements and apply at a site and project level to ensure correct governance is maintained through project life cycle, and handover to maintenance.
• Risk Management: The ability to identify risks, balance the threats and opportunities associated with the risks, take appropriate mitigating action against the risks and track and manage risk over their lifetime
• Business acumen: Knowledgeable in business strategy and the drivers of organisational performance, including people drivers of performance and financial literacy (e.g. business KPIs, business cases)
• Critical thinking – ability to analyse the strengths and weaknesses of a project or problem and offering alternative solutions, approaches and conclusions
• Communications – ability to; understand the needs and requirements of our internal clients, working within project teams to develop new solutions or improve existing systems, or work with other departments and stakeholders
• 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
• 10% on target bonus
• Pension scheme
• Shares Plan
• Flexible benefits: cycle to work, childcare vouchers, healthcare, etc.
• Discounted BT products