MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
We are looking for a capable and motivated Software Test Engineer to help us prove the next generation of advanced missile systems. MBDA produce some of the most advanced missile systems in the world – we are looking for a software test engineer to work with us to prove our products whilst maintaining our enviable reputation for safety, performance and dependability. You should be passionate about ensuring that we show that our software fulfils the system software challenge in a complex weapon system.
You would be working on the implementation of automated black box tests, their execution, result analysis and reporting as part of the Joint Proving Team, which is a collaboration between software testers and the test designers who are part of the equipment requirements authority. The work involves the creation of scripts to control specialist real-time hardware that provides the inputs and outputs to the particular equipment under test.
What we’re looking for
- A strong background or keen interest in software test, its realisation and system wide impact.
- An ability to work across the entire software test process from engaging with requirement authorities and understanding the equipment operation, to performing equipment debugging and fault reporting.
- Software test engineers that can bring experience of new tools, techniques and approaches that might enable us to evolve our processes to improve our effectiveness and sustainability.
What’s in it for you?
- This is a great role for someone with a passion for excellence and for helping MBDA to provide dependable, quality software to its customers. You will be working with people and technologies at the forefront of European missile systems design, supporting the development of safe, secure and reliable products that our customers can rely on.
- You will be working in a professional and motivated team that has built a reputation for its high standards and for its reliable results, which form the backbone of the software compliance evidence.
- Within software engineering at MBDA there is the full range of opportunities from low-level hardware interfacing to AI backed decision-making and we look to support each engineer as their interests and capabilities develop.
Join a great team!
You will be joining a team that proves the software used in the most advanced weapon systems in the world within a critical and influential Software Engineering Directorate and part of a large progressive and responsive company.
You will be working with a talented group of experienced software, systems and electronics engineers that provides a stimulating and vibrant environment for personal and professional growth. You will become part of a high performing team culture.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.