MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver For A More Secure Tomorrow
Salary: Up to £60,000 doe.
Our benefits: *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
We are a world leader in missile and missile systems looking for a highly capable and adaptable Embedded Software Design and Development Engineer to join our Development Facility in Stevenage, Hertfordshire.
You will be responsible for developing the real-time systems application software for the next generation of Missile Systems. This is a hands-on role and will involve designing, implementing and testing the missile subsystem software products and evolutions for future products.
If this sounds exciting then come and join us at MBDA - a 2019 Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies To Work For, and make a difference.
What we're looking for
- Previous experience of developing embedded software using C, C++ or Ada Ability to debug complex problems.
- A ‘Can do’ and flexible approach, focused on a timely high quality delivery.
- A focus on code quality and to engage in code and design reviews.
- Development of maintainable and extensible code (to adapt to the change in requirements etc.)
Advantageous but not essential:
- Experience in model-based development, either in SysML/UML using tools such as IBM’s Rhapsody or in Matlab/Simulink.
- Knowledge of Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) such as PikeOS.
- Experience in low level driver development and interface with Firmware
- Experience of developing software products under Windows and Linux development environments for ARM based multi-core processing platforms.
- Knowledge of standards such as DefStan 00-55 & RTCA 178B/C and restricted coding standards such as MISRA.
- Exposure to IBM Rational Team Concert.
- Understanding and use of concepts such as Continuous Integration (Jenkins) and Test Driven Development.
Here's what's in it for you
- This is a great role for someone with a passion for software and its successful deployment in modern weapon systems. Working with technology that is at the forefront of European missile system design, helping to develop safe, secure and reliable products that our customers can rely on.
- Many of our products and components we use in this domain are the result of strong international collaboration; consequently, there may be the opportunity to travel both within the UK and to our sites in France, Italy and Germany.
- We offer a supportive working environment where you can develop your skills across a wide range of products and technologies.
Join a great team!
Join a team that are passionate about building sophisticated software solutions to complex challenges.
There are numerous opportunities to work with a huge variety of people of different backgrounds and expertise. You will be working with a talented group of experienced software, systems and electronics engineers on some very exciting products.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.