An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Major Equipment Procurement (MEP) function. MEP focus on the sourcing, contracting and supply of bespoke high value / high complexity sub-systems and new technology acquisition in support of such systems needed to deliver world leading defence capabilities for our home Nations and their Allies.
The Senior Procurement Manager will act as strategic support for the Future Combat Air Systems (FCAS) sector in MBDA and will provide the link into wider Supply Chain and Procurement activities inside MBDA.
This role will suit someone who is able to understand and maximise the supply chain and procurement opportunities that exist by linking across the wider Combat Air picture in the UK and, more closely, on Complex Weapons Portfolio and FCAS.
You will have or develop a broad knowledge of the activities that the Supply Chain and Procurement organisations are undertaking across the full lifecycle of complex weapons that MBDA will, or has developed.
Using this knowledge and understanding of our strategic investment into FCAS, you will capture and develop opportunities associated with supply chain and procurement that could benefit MBDA and that add value to our investment in FCAS.
You will need to build effective links, at all levels, across the business to bring this broad and varied picture together that will be key to supporting our transformation ambitions in complex weapons.
Key aspects of the role involve:
- Maintaining a broad knowledge of internal operations, with more focused knowledge of Supply Chain and Procurement.
- Understanding the importance of the FCAS to both MBDA and the broader UK defence industry and an appreciation of the technical aspects of both combat aircraft and complex weapons.
- Developing and maintaining a strong stakeholder map to support your activities.
- Developing and supporting the delivery of briefings to our supply chain, highlighting what MBDA is supporting and developing in the complex weapons and the opportunities it presents for them.
- Lead the development of a Supply Chain benefits dossier supported by the appropriate partners to identify potential opportunities for saving time, cost or benefiting the portfolio.
- Being the central focus for all supply chain matters of interest on FCAS.
Who are we looking for?
- An enthusiastic, proactive and adaptable individual who is able to deal with changeable / ambiguous complex situations whilst remaining motivated and calm throughout the contract lifecycle.
- An ability to understand the customer needs and convert this into, and effectively deliver, complex sub-contracts / commercial agreements, negotiate terms & conditions, delivery schedules and achieve VfM prices to maximise the benefit to MBDA and its customers.
- A natural communicator with excellent interpersonal skills, with experience in driving multi-functional teams and delivering to ambitious timescales.
- Strong relationship management skills that demonstrate the ability to lead a team and influence key partners with sincerity and credibility.
- You will be flexible and adaptable – there will be significant expectation of global travel!
Qualifications & Experience:
- Substantial experience in a senior Procurement or Supply Chain related role in a complex contracting environment.
- Demonstrable evidence of innovation and implementation of best practise in a Procurement or Supply Chain context.
- People management experience, preferably within a complex organisation.
- Ideally, degree qualified in a business field, relevant procurement or supply chain accreditations or equivalent experience.
What’s great about the team?
- The MEP team is an integral part of the MBDA project team which provides exposure to complex UK and international programmes along with the responsibility for delivering critical elements to the main programme to ensure MBDA delivers on its customer commitments.
- MEP is a multi-national department with equivalent teams in France, Italy and Germany, with a global supply base. The MEP role therefore offers opportunities to build international networks.
What’s in it for you?
- You will be joining a highly skilled, energetic supply chain team who strive for personal and professional excellence such that they are the recognised leaders within MBDA for delivering global through life Major Equipment Procurement solutions to support Customer needs.
- Our work is complex, challenging and varied. However, we all share the same mind-set: an ambition to make things work, deliver sustainable Defence capability to UK Armed forces and other international governments.
- This is a unique Procurement role which will provide visibility and both commercial and project management experience across key MBDA project areas exposing the individual to a range of complex and advanced products and technologies.
MBDA offers competitive salaries,
- flexible working, bonus scheme, a comprehensive pension scheme, 25 days paid holiday, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, and superb learning and development opportunities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
- We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended 2-3 days per week approach to on-site and remote working.
MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.