MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver For A More Secure Tomorrow
Salary: Up to £50k DOE + Paid Overtime + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
Full and Part time working considered
Are you looking for a new opportunity to demonstrate your skills and grow the depth and breadth of your knowledge? Does working in a multi-skilled, dynamic team motivate you?
Then look no further… Here at MBDA, we can offer a phenomenal opportunity for you to work on a variety of projects that will stretch your skills and imagination as a Structural Engineer. Working for an internationally recognised company, delivering cutting-edge military systems, you will play a critical role in ensuring that MBDA’s products deliver the necessary performance against key customer requirements.
What are we looking for?
- Self-motivated people who are good problem solvers
- Ideally degree qualified in a subject relevant to the role or demonstrable equivalent experience.
- Experience carrying out structural investigations (e.g. linear, non-linear, crash, fatigue, modal and vibration) to derive evidence on which to base product development decisions.
- Experience delivering verbal and written reports our customers.
- Evidence of evaluating structural problems by applying both hand calculations and numerical based tools; e.g. Hypermesh, OptiStruct, Radioss, LS-Dyna, Mathcad, Nastran, Patran, Adams.
What’s in it for you?
- Fulfilling work that will stretch and grow your technical knowledge and ability.
- We encourage collaboration and place a strong emphasis on looking after the welfare of its people, whilst supporting their development.
- Various opportunities and support to help you develop your skills and knowledge through both structured and ‘on the job’ training.
- Opportunities to shape the development of MBDA UK’s structural analysis capabilities.
What would you get?
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Within this role you will be planning, managing and delivering your own work - ensuring timely delivery of outputs within scope and budgetary constraints. Typical outputs include deriving structural evidence on which to base product development decisions, developing test requirements and guiding trials/test teams in delivering against requirements.
Proactive communication is vital with our internal and external customers and is an integral part of the role, along with delivering verbal and written reports to our key stakeholders.
What’s great about the team?
We are a highly motivated team with a strong desire to improve our effectiveness and influence across MBDA. We deliver high priority work that is pivotal to structurally clearing MBDA UK’s military systems.
We operate in a supportive and collaborative environment where people feel valued and are encouraged to achieve their full potential. We encourage knowledge sharing within the team and support opportunities work on a variety of projects simultaneously.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.