MBDA has entered the next phase of its exciting evolution as a world class and dominant European missile company. The growing workload within MBDA has created exciting opportunities within the Datalinks Electronics Design Team for an RF/Microwave Design specialist
The Datalinks Electronics Design Team is multi-skilled and supplies datalinks for our complete range of missile systems covering land, air and naval systems. What are we looking for?
High performing teams need high performing and competent individuals. To be suitable for this role, individuals should have a detailed understanding and experience of the following:
- Architectures for medium to high power microwave transceivers, including catering for issues around full-concurrency operation.
- Microwave radio frequency planning analysis.
- Detailed modelling of link budgets and the derivation of top-level radio specs from these budgets.
- Able to root cause issues in the measurement results of prototype radio platforms and recommend/implement solutions.
- Practical application of radio sub-system building blocks, e.g. LNAs, Mixers, Filters, Synthesisers, HPA’s etc., and how to apply them to a realisable radio, including temperature compensating biasing, power supply management, PCB layout and evaluation/testing of solutions.
- Use of RF test equipment and understanding of the limitations. Must be able to merge real world measurements and theoretical predictions together to refine outcomes.
- Designing to meet Military Environmental requirements and standards e.g. DEF Stan’s and Mil Specs etc.
Any knowledge of any of the following would be an additional advantage:
What’s in it for you?
- Detailed understanding of the Modem and DSP signal flow.
- Detailed understanding of discrete analogue circuit design.
- Understanding of the use of mathematical modelling tools such as Matlab.
This role provides a unique opportunity to apply your skills within a growing company and multi-skilled team. Exposure to complex and technologically advanced projects and products provides a stimulating experience. Working with highly talented and motivated engineers, in a friendly and supportive environment, provides one of the best environments to further career aspirations and achieve a real feeling of success. What would you get?
Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more…. The Role
If you have previous experience in a radio systems architectural role ideally in the defence sector or the cellular radio infrastructure sector then this is an ideal opportunity for you.
This role is suited to someone looking to step up into a more senior technical position. Working within a high tech, fast moving and rapidly expanding department you will be responsible for designing, leading and guiding the development of state-of-the art high quality, high performing innovative radio solutions that meet challenging requirements.
Included will be technically directing less experienced engineers to develop the circuit elements contained within these solutions.
Good communication skills are key, as the role will also entail liaising with other functional areas like systems teams, firmware teams, software developers etc.
Being at the forefront of technology is key to MBDA’s success. Therefore, as part of this role, you will track and keep abreast of the latest advances in the area of RF be that components, techniques or solutions. Any that seem promising can then be pursued by making use of the company’s generous research budget.
Businesses must continuously improve and MBDA is no exception. Identification and implementation of improvement activities will be part of the role.
The activities of the role may span the international boundary and encompass our French and Italian colleagues, which will involve the need for international travel. What’s great about the team?
The Datalinks Design Team is a multi-disciplined, dynamic team, focussed on achieving complex designs to demanding timescales and providing a product that can be used to meet the needs of all our projects. The team is located together enabling easy communication and exchange of ideas and knowledge for the good of all in the team.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news by following our MBDA LinkedIn Company page.