MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow!
We are looking for someone to join a fast-paced project in the early stages of design development maturing the functional architecture and requirements.
The Weapon System behaviour has been divided into a set of functional domains. Work within a functional domain aims to gradually decompose the top level behaviour of a domain into individual functions that can be allocated to equipment and provided to the design team as sets of requirements for design.
We are looking for a Lead for the Prepare Engagement Functional Design Domain.
The Prepare Engagement Functional Design Domain covers all of the work completed in the preparation and planning for an engagement up until initialising for launch and will involve close working with the mission planning team.
The Design Domain Lead will be expected to:
- Technically co-ordinate & drive activities across the Design Domain to ensure coherent & mature embodiment of the required system-level behaviour to time quality & cost. This will involve working across functions and departments to ensure a viable design.
- Identify, scope, estimate time and cost of functional design & trade studies to be undertaken
- Propose allocation of functional performance and/or constraints to physical sub-systems, facilitating key trade-offs decisions, particularly where trade-offs traverse different DA or domain responsibilities
- Manage the domain evolution, ensuring consistency between domain sub-system configurations is understood and aligned.
- Ensure the functional design and functional architecture relevant to the domain is developed collaboratively between partners. Facilitate common modelling approach and/or mutually-agreed model interfaces to aid parallel development.
- Generate and maintain design and performance, development, proving and qualification within the domain
- Ensure risks are identified as part of the System Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (SysFMEA), Design FMEA (DFMEA) and Class of Difficulty Assessments are understood and a consistent approach is taken to reduce these as appropriate.
- Ensure development of a domain-based proving & qualification strategy and manage the System acceptance for the domain
- Communicate domain-level considerations to customers, ensuring messaging consistency
- Chair internal and supporting external working groups/working communities as appropriate, IAW programme governance structure
- Have responsibility for a subset of munition equipment CPSs, leading on writing functional and performance requirements and ensuring other sections are completed by appropriate parties in reasonable timescale.
What we’re looking for
- Experience of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and MBSE tools (Rhapsody)
- Experience of requirements development and requirements management tools (DOORS)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact both technically and programmatically with customers, technical specialists, equipment teams and senior management.
- Leadership capabilities to be able to direct diverse, multi-disciplinary teams and support development of members within the team.
What’s in it for you?
- Knowledge of the next generation deep strike capability being developed by MBDA.
- Opportunity to develop a new network, internal and external to MBDA as well as internationally.
- Practical experience of Agile principles and supporting frameworks on a Project that is driving the new ways of working in the business.
- To work in a motivated and collaborative environment
- Opportunity to further develop leadership and management skills.
BenefitsFlexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role!