MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Salary: up to £48,000 (doe)
Benefits: *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
A great opportunity has arisen for a driven and technically capable individual to join the Systems Design Airborne Systems (SDAS) team. This role offers a significant opportunity to lead the integration of a critical capability into the UK MoD or Export Customer and support the development of complex MBDA weapons.
The Platform Integration Lead will be responsible for the technical development and delivery of the weapon integration activity onto the designated aircraft.
Also act as the primary technical interface with Platform Design Organisations, working with multiple partners internally within MBDA and externally across industry, government and airworthiness authorities to ensure the objectives of the integration programme are achieved.
Plus manage a team of engineers in delivering the integration programmes to time and cost; ensuring that the integration is safe and maximises the weapon capability to the end user. This spans the Engineering Lifecycle through design, trials and certification to deliver a satisfactory In-Service product.
What we’re looking for
- Ideally an appropriate Engineering Degree or Masters (or equivalent) OR HNC/HND level (or equivalent).
- Prior leadership experience; beneficial but not essential.
- Broad understanding of multiple general engineering subject areas e.g. electrical, mechanical, systems, etc.
- Experience of working in a complex multi-stakeholder environment.
- Pro-active and able to work on their own initiative, with a minimum of supervision.
- While not crucial, knowledge of MIL-STD-1760 and MIL-STD-1553 would be very useful.
- Experience in the defence sector in integration of systems onto fixed wing or rotary platforms would be beneficial but not essential.
- Ability to undertake complex technical negotiations with a high degree of autonomy.
What’s in it for you?
- The chance to lead delivery of a weapon integration programme working closely with specialists within MBDA, platform design authorities and government organisations!
- This is an opportunity for someone with good knowledge of aircraft systems or weapon systems integration to utilise this within MBDA whilst increasing their knowledge and experience across a broad range of subject areas.
- The role will have both office based and field based elements.
- The role will involve travel within the UK and potentially overseas.
Join a great team!
- The SDAS integration team play a key part in enabling access to defence platforms – enabling the use of MBDA products by our armed forces and ensuring the future success of the company. Furthermore, with the ever increasing complexity of the modern weapon system, the ability of MBDA to unlock the true capability of our products for the user against an ever challenging political and economic back drop means that the role of the SDAS team has never been more important.
- You will be joining a motivated and focused project team, where communication and the ethos to share information is key. Additionally, the successful candidate will be required to work closely with a number of hardworking and multi-disciplined internal and international teams across industry and government groups.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.