Brimstone is a high profile project at a critical stage of development with many opportunities for personal development. This role is to take forward the software requirements definition and the corresponding working groups and coordination activities.
What are we looking for?
- Ability to coordinate and mediate between multiple software teams with differing priorities
- Experienced engineer with knowledge of requirements generation and decomposition
- Experience with the certification process and an ability to manage multiple partners including the customer community
- RTC, Rhapsody, DOORS and PLM skills are essential
- An up-to-date understanding of the Systems Engineering Processes and how to streamline delivery
- Ability to deal with uncertainty and short timescales
- Planning and estimating skills required
What’s in it for you?
This is a high visibility role with a large degree of independence. There is a opportunity gain experience and visibility across the Brimstone partners and across the company.
The project is concluding the development phase for Brimstone 3A and the role will be instrumental in coordinating major deliverables and then taking forward the baseline into the additional development phase for Brimstone 3B.
Brimstone is using forward looking techniques such as functional strand management, design domains and MBSE.
The RoleThe responsibilities of this role will be the following:
- Development and maintenance of the MCU Architecture model which is an MBSE / Rhapsody model
- Development and Maintenance of the software requirements set including application requirements in DOORS, Telemetry definition and Functional Interface Definitions
- Coordination of the multiple software points of embodiment for the Brimstone 3 missile through the functional strands (on behalf of the functional stands manager)
- RTFI workshops (Real Time Functional Integration) will need to be held to ensure the functional solution to the requirement set is valid and that the partners are bought in
- Lead the JASA working groups for the B3B main programme
- Upkeep of the Software build list to correspond with the hardware list
- Progress reporting to project seniors
What would you get?
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
The Software Requirements and Real-time Performance team is a small 2 person team which is agile in its approach to coordinating the system definition activities and build support, its is specialist in its positon in the project as the MBSE source of expertise.
The team sits within the Brimstone 3A System Definition and Certification group.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended 2-3 days per week approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.