MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic engineer to head up a team in the delivery of system level verification and performance assessment on a large weapon system programme with multiple export opportunities. Elements of the programme range from bids through to in-service. The programmes are diverse in nature including the full weapon system, a training solution and an operational analysis model.
You will need to be confident in managing crucial deliveries across multiple programmes; ensuring priorities are balanced within the group and adapting to changing circumstances. To succeed in this role a successful candidate will need to manage a wide range of external stakeholders, including the UK customer.
This is a chance to head an important group that has wide-ranging responsibilities which include performance assessment, safety studies and requirement maintenance as well as system level certification.
What we’re looking for
- Experience of system design and/or performance assessment
- Knowledge of design verification and certification
- Ability to engage and influence a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- People and task management experience
What’s in it for you?
- Exposure to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Enhancing your influencing, negotiating and task management skills
- Opportunity to regularly engage with the Chief Engineer and MBDA Technical Excellence
- Leading certification on a major naval weapon system
- Exposure to a broad range of system engineering tasks
- Competitive salary, flexible working, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus scheme, superb learning and development opportunities and more….
Join a great team!
You will joining a highly successful team that has delivered an excellent product which has been installed on naval platforms around the world. The programme has won three new significant contracts this year and is pursuing several more. You would be joining an experienced, supportive team with multiple contracts to deliver during an exciting phase of the project.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.