WHAT TO EXPECT
Resource Management has become a key area of focus for IT as demand for resources is ever increasing. To date allocations are managed per team and moving forward, the IT Function is adopting a matrix management approach to resources ensuring key skills are optimised and assigned to priority initiatives. As a result a new team has been created to own this capability and establish effective resource management standards, processes, tools, artefacts and governance for all resourcing decisions.
The Resource Manager will lead this team and be accountable for defining and establishing the above processes. The successful candidate will need to be comfortable with influencing key stakeholders, communicating and educating a range of colleagues with diverse backgrounds in the new processes and standards, as well as be open to feedback to refine best practice as the capability matures. Proactive reporting (dashboards, automated alerts) is considered a fundamental deliverable to promote transparency of resource usage and to maximise talent management opportunities, assigning resources to engagements where they can best add business value whilst also fulfilling aspirations and acquiring new skills/knowledge.
The Resource Manager is also responsible for providing strategic insights from the demand pipeline that enables strategic workforce management decisions e.g. future demand of specific skills.
An enterprise Project & Resource Management tool, Planview, will be used to facilitate resource management and this team is expected to drive maturity of that product in order to gain maximum value. The Resource Manager will be accountable for embedding the usage of the system into the IT Function, seeking user feedback and identifying opportunities for refinement of the system, such as data fields and reporting as appropriate.
Other Functions across the enterprise are expected to adopt the same toolset for resource management. The successful candidate will be expected to represent IT as part of a Chapter with peers across the organisation, to influence and drive consistency in approach to the wider usage of the toolset.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
* To define, drive implementation & embed IT resource management policies, processes and tools to ensure optimal use of IT resources allocated to working on critical strategic priorities.
* To establish an effective and lean network of integrated IT resource management forums (engaging with key stakeholders) to drive decisions and implement control effectively.
* To be the single point of information delivering accurate and timely IT resource management reports
* To continuously improve workforce planning and resource management processes ensuring an effective approach focused upon delivering maximum business value.
* To manage and mentor team members with diverse backgrounds and life experiences.
* To design, develop & maintain knowledge management and eLearning solutions including best practice guidelines for effective resource management.
* To influence all stakeholders to actively support resource management practices promoting an environment of collaboration and discipline
* To lead the alignment & integration of resource management tools, standards, processes etc. with other functions across JLR
* To support the Head of PMO in establishing the resource management capability and champion this topic, actively educating and communicating processes and demonstrating value back to the Function
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
Applications are welcomed from individuals who have a track record in establishing Resource Management governance, tools, processes, artefacts, and standards in a large multi-faceted international organisation.
You'll have Strong negotiating and influencing skills coupled with the ability to develop effective relationships and influence outside of direct responsibility, including senior stakeholders.
The ability to exercise discretion and deal with sensitive and confidential information