Shift Manager - Site Safety
AWE is recruiting for a Shift Manager to undertake a pivotal role across AWE. The successful candidate will join a small team in ensuring the correct immediate response is undertaken to any emergency/ business event whilst acting as the AWE Senior Manger on site 67% of the time.
The Shift Manager leads a team delivering a wide range of activities 24/7 -365 days a year and will be expected to demonstrate the leadership qualities as a senior manager within AWE.
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £41,000 - £65,000 (dependent on experience) plus 33.3 % shift allowance
4 x 12-hour day, 4 days off , 4 x 12-hour nights 33.3 % Shift allowance
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
Ideally, we are looking for candidates with experience of managing in high hazard/highly regulated environments., however, we will also consider candidates who have appropriate experience in a related field and are looking to develop into a site safety position.
Successful Candidates will be responsible for:
- Maintaining an AWE senior management presence in silent hours.
- Initiate the response to all incidents occurring in normal and silent hours.
- Undertake the immediate actions for a corporate response to any emergency.
- Maintain site safety, manage security and environmental issues until on-call staff can be brought onto site.
- Responsible for the operation of the site surface water catchment area.
- Responsible in ensuring a safe site is maintained in an operational condition and all issues are actively managed
- . Accountable for the initiation of business recovery operation's following any event
- .Specific subject area training will be provided to successful candidates.
Whilst not to be considered a check list, candidates should be able to demonstrate some of the following:
- Minimum ONC Engineering qualification and indentured apprenticeship.
- Practical application of strategic level problem solving techniques to devise emergency engineering solutions in complex systems.
- Ability to make high quality safety decisions in an extreme pressure situation.
- Ability to accurately communicate, using phones, radios, security coding, site tannoys and site intranet.
- Managing in high hazard/highly regulated environments.
- Interaction with internal and external stakeholders, including customer and regulators.
- Must be SQEP to undertake Shift Manager role.
- Extensive and detailed site knowledge.
- Extensive emergency engineering experience.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the security clearance required for the role and be willing and able to travel within the UK and overseas as required once restrictions are lifted.