Join John Lewis or Waitrose today
If you've ever stepped through the doors of a John Lewis or Waitrose shop, shopped online, or seen any of our adverts, you'll know there's something unique about us.
That unique proposition is our Partners. As co-owners they have a say in our business and receive a share of the profits, so they put time and effort into making it work. Our Partners are the reason we're the success we are. They're our secret sauce; the opportunity for us to differentiate.
Pay information: This role has an additional Shift Premium of £6,492 (prorated over 12 months), making the total overall salary range £35,000 - £42,780.
Please note this role is 42 hours per week. This is a shift work pattern role of 14 x 12.5 hour shifts in every 28 day cycle.
We have opportunities at various locations:
Magna Park NDC, MK17 8EW
Magna Park 3, MK17 8FL
Blakelands NDC, MK14 5BT
What's the role about?
John Lewis Magna Park is an industry-leading semi-automated facility.
The site operates 24-7 with engineering presence on-site to provide structured planned preventative/remedial disciplines and reactive response to a complex building services infrastructure, supporting in excess of £150m of materials-handling automation equipment, constantly evolving with continued site development investment.
What you'll be doing:
As an Electrical Engineering Technician you will play a critical part in the operation of the site, providing technical presence on-site, working within building services, mechanical systems, MHE, HVAC, automation, power and data networks, to provide fault-diagnoses and remedial response confidently.
- Carry-out technical planned preventative maintenance and reactive tasks, complying with H&S governance, legislation and institutional standards / SLAs
- Providing competent fault-finding and accurate fault diagnoses on electro-mechanical systems and building services with an ability to technically advise the leadership team or Head of Branch in the event of an emergency
- Ability to read electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic drawings and fault-find to component level.
- Collaborative working with automation project and repair teams to expedite working solutions.
- Support with branch change-works and development projects.
- Carry out operational processes to minimise business risk and loss.
- Demonstrate flexibility to support other areas on campus.
- Understand and use engineering infrastructure IT Systems
What you'll have:
- Qualified to City & Guilds 2360 / 2330 Parts 1, 2 & 3, BTEC ONC / HNC, JIB Approved electrician or NVQ Level 3 equivalent
- City & Guilds Qualification in mechanical discipline or NVQ 6018 ‘Heating & Ventilation Industrial and Commercial Installations’
- City & Guilds 2391 Electrical Inspection & testing
- Working knowledge of BS7671, 18th Edition Electrical Installation Regulations & associated legislative standards, working knowledge of Building Regulations
- Able to demonstrate experience in Building Environmental and Electrical Services including heating, ventilation, and air conditioning within the building services industry
Please see the job description PDF for more details, please save or print a copy.
- As a business we encourage flexible working. We have a number of different ways to work flexibly, so at your interview feel free to talk about what flexibility means to you. There are no guarantees, however, examples of how our Partners already work flexibly include part-time, job share, home working and compressed hours.
- We occasionally close vacancies early in the event we receive a high volume of applications. Therefore, we recommend you apply early
- The application form consists of a CV upload, an online test followed by application questions. Please ensure you refresh the page each time you complete a task to ensure you complete everything that you need to in time.
£29,000.00 up to £36,300.00 Annual
Scheduled Weekly hours:
Partnership Level 9
Hours of Work:
42 Hours per week - 14 x 12.5 hour shifts over a 28 day cycle.
For more information about this role visit JLP Careers
We positively celebrate Diversity & Inclusion in the John Lewis Partnership. Our aim is to become the UK’s most inclusive business - for our Partners and for our customers, reflecting and connecting with the diverse communities that we serve. We want people from all walks of life to feel valued for their individuality, thrive in our business and share a sense of belonging. To find out more about D&I in the John Lewis Partnership click here.