WHAT TO EXPECT
This role will sit in Jaguar Land Rovers highly prized Special Vehicle Operations (SVO) Engineering team. SVO is a key part of the Organisation, delivering World Class Products that amplify our core brand values in Ultimate Luxury, Ultimate Sports Performance and Ultimate Capability. SVO are a Performance based organisation with a Formula 1 team mind-set that requires the best engineers to strengthen its capabilities.
As a HV Systems Engineer, you will focus on the leadership of technical delivery of the HV electrical and electronic systems associated with battery solutions such as; the HV switchgear and protection, charging and HV to LV DCDC as well as the integration with the wider powertrain (EDU, auxiliary components, etc). The technical leader is responsible for leading the cross functional planning, coordination and delivery of all engineering design, verification and launch activities with associated engineering teams. You will be the technical specialist within SVO Propulsion for HV Electrical / Electronic systems associated with Batteries.
The role demands strong technical leadership utilising cross functional resource, planning and reporting status and the versatility to deal with changing circumstances both identifying risks and possible solutions to challenging issues. You will have a clear direction and balancing of attribute trade-offs whilst considering the programme deliverables on quality, cost, weight, function and timing are critical aspects of the role.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for the delivery of HV systems within Special Vehicle Propulsion across a range of Jaguar Land Rover vehicles. As an HV Systems Engineer you will assist and contribute to the generation of targets and verification methods that are driven by Customer, Function Requirements and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis. You will also be responsible for providing technical leadership and steering for the HV electrical / electronic components of specific battery projects.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
As an HV systems Engineer you will have good relevant experience of working in a HV Systems Engineering environment - ideally within the Automotive Sector legislative requirements. You will have experience in applying Systems Engineering and in solving complex technical issues using a structured approach. Relevant experience of HV system definition, system architecture development, requirements specification, design/performance modelling, systems integration, system assessment and acceptance are highly desirable. A relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred. Hands on practical experience with Live working practices, creating HV battery and EV propulsion health and safety procedures and documentation, and Knowledge of automotive EMC compliance in HV design are highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Strong electrical / electronic engineering technical background with proven knowledge and delivery of HV components associated with battery system development and industrialization or similar complexity
* Experience designing electrical battery architecture and specifying protection devices such as fuses and contactors and their coordination
* Excellent electrical engineering foundations for automotive HV (ideally ~800V)
* Hands on practical experience with HV systems either on rigs or vehicles
* Requirements Management (RM) and component specification for HV battery components / systems such as contactors, fuses, busbars, connections, DCDC, Chargers.
* Experience diagnosing faults through electrical communications networks (CANbus)
* BMS software calibration
* Experience with specification of On-Board charging systems and knowledge of charging landscape
* Experience with specification of HV DCDC's and HV inverters and motors