General Dynamics Land Systems is on the look-out for a full-time In Service Safety Manager to join our Engineering Team. The successful and inclusive candidate will earn a favorable salary of £60,000 to £75,000 based on experience and potential. This is an ideal role for someone who has a proactive and positive mindset and a keen desire to grow professionally.
Joining an established team based at our Oakdale facility in South Wales, you will work across a range of stakeholders to develop and support the delivery of Specialist Vehicle (SV) safety artefacts to enable vehicle demonstration trials and in service use by military personnel.
If you were already working in this position, this is what you would have been working on this week:
- Collating safety evidence in support of In-Service Safety Case development
- Providing proactive safety engineering support to the In-Service programme
- Critically reviewing safety, environmental and legislation (SEL) requirements compliance from internal teams, suppliers and government furnished equipment
- Leading the delivery of physical hazard compliance through engagement with GDUK, supplier and customer engineering teams
- Lead and support reviews with SV stakeholder community as appropriate
- Supporting a ‘design for safety’ culture within the SV stakeholder community
To apply for this role, you will require the following:
- Experience in producing Safety Cases in accordance with DEF STAN 00-56, JSP 454, JSP520 and POSMS at System level including all primary sub-systems
- Demonstrated experience in producing compelling system safety arguments and associated reports
- Derivation and setting of appropriate safety criteria/requirements
- Undertaking hazard identification, hazard analysis and risk assessment to include HAZOP, SWIFT, FMEA(CA), FTA, ETA, GSN/CAE techniques
- Producing and assessing tolerability and ALARP arguments
- Familiar with recognised standards and procedures including, IEC 61508, JSP 375, JSP 815
- Understanding and application of safety and general purpose tool sets, e.g: FaultTree+, Cassandra , Adelard ASCE and MS Office tools
- The ability to audit suppliers against for instance IEC 61508.
Our Company Benefits:
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose, offering highly competitive benefits:
- A compressed nine-day fortnight – which means every other Friday off!
- A flexible benefits scheme - allowing you to adapt your benefits to suit yours and your family’s needs
- A personalised career development plan, alongside regular progress reviews - supporting and valuing your progression within the Company
- Professional training and development courses, both internal and external - allowing you to reach your full potential
- A flexible working environment where your contributions are recognised and rewarded, which includes compressed hours, reduced hours and job share
- A Company sports and social club, offering events at discounted prices – giving you the opportunity to meet and socialise with your fellow colleagues outside the workplace
About General Dynamics UK
General Dynamics Land Systems is a global leader in providing products and support across the full spectrum of combat vehicles. Our global team has more than 6,000 employees working towards creating a diverse product portfolio delivering best-in-class capability to Armed Forces communities worldwide. In the UK, we employee more than 650 people and are leading the way in Armoured Fighting Vehicles and sustainment services. Our vision is documented and embedded into our culture, so all employees understand the Company’s direction and their role in achieving it. We are currently delivering the AJAX programme, providing 589 Armoured Fighting Vehicles in six variants to the British Army and have also developed and delivered 400 Foxhound vehicles - a highly-protected and mobile 4x4 platform with high-deployment availability.
We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace – inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team.