General Dynamics Land Systems is on the look-out for a full-time Engineering Manager - Electrical Systems to join our Engineering Team. The successful and inclusive candidate will earn a favorable salary of £48,560 to £72,840 based on experience and potential. This is an ideal role for someone who has a proactive and positive mindset and a keen desire to grow professionally.
Joining an established team based at our Oakdale facility in South Wales, you will work across a range of stakeholders to lead a team responsible for delivery of the SV family of vehicles and associated equipment. Responsible for managing a team of subject matter experts, delivering specific areas of the design and documentation and maintaining compliance.
If you were already working in this position, this is what you would have been working on this week:
- Requirements analysis
- Specification generation
- Statement of work creation
- Subcontractor and customer liaison
- Integration and test
- Functional analysis
- Subsystems development
- Implementation of design solution
- Support integration and test activity on the platform prototypes
To apply for this role, you will require the following:
- DC voltage laws and their application in electrical system design (including concept scaling through to detail component design / selection)
- Low voltage AC installation application including safety in electrical system design.
- Power & voltage disturbance sources & management techniques.
- Applied working knowledge of high speed data communication design and interface standards
- Working knowledge of 3D CAD packages and BoM structures associated
- Knowledge & understanding of electrical systems in military platforms and Electromagnetic Compatibility/TEMPEST design practices (Defence Standards 61-5 and 59-411).
- Knowledge and experience of operational criteria for use of energy storage devices of differing chemical technologies.
- Design and integration of electrical systems into harsh environmental conditions (Defence Standard 00-35)
- Experience of Systems Engineering practice and requirements managements tools (i.e DOORS)
Our Company Benefits:
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose, offering highly competitive benefits:
- A compressed nine-day fortnight – which means every other Friday off!
- A flexible benefits scheme - allowing you to adapt your benefits to suit yours and your family’s needs
- A personalised career development plan, alongside regular progress reviews - supporting and valuing your progression within the Company
- Professional training and development courses, both internal and external - allowing you to reach your full potential
- A flexible working environment where your contributions are recognised and rewarded, which includes compressed hours, reduced hours and job share
- A Company sports and social club, offering events at discounted prices – giving you the opportunity to meet and socialise with your fellow colleagues outside the workplace
About General Dynamics UK
General Dynamics Land Systems is a global leader in providing products and support across the full spectrum of combat vehicles. Our global team has more than 6,000 employees working towards creating a diverse product portfolio delivering best-in-class capability to Armed Forces communities worldwide. In the UK, we employee more than 650 people and are leading the way in Armoured Fighting Vehicles and sustainment services. Our vision is documented and embedded into our culture, so all employees understand the Company’s direction and their role in achieving it. We are currently delivering the AJAX programme, providing 589 Armoured Fighting Vehicles in six variants to the British Army and have also developed and delivered 400 Foxhound vehicles - a highly-protected and mobile 4x4 platform with high-deployment availability.
We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace – inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team.