General Dynamics Land Systems is on the look-out for a full-time Manufacturing Process Engineer to join our Supply Chain Team. The successful and inclusive candidate will earn a favorable salary of £31,500 to £36,000 based on experience and potential. This is an ideal role for someone who has a proactive and positive mindset and a keen desire to grow professionally.
Joining an established team based at our Merthyr facility in South Wales, you will work across a range of stakeholders, to which the role benefits the freedom to shape and develop a lean culture in a busy production facility, therefore the candidate must have the personality and confidence to lead groups, hold training sessions and create a positive learning environment.
If you were already working in this position, this is what you would have been working on this week:
- Identify and lead Operational Efficiency improvements within the business through Kaizen workshops and Lean manufacturing techniques
- Identify Lean training requirements and implement/maintain a program to drive Lean efficiency into the business
- Implement, maintain and police all relevant processes where necessary in accordance with operational and regulatory deliverables
- Oversee the delivery of improvement projects to ensure benefit realisation and the effective sustainment of efficiencies
To apply for this role, you will require the following:
- Evidence of extensive continuous improvement experience within a Manufacturing environment including the delivery of workshops and improvement events
- Proven experience in the use and adoption of Lean Manufacturing techniques and toolsets
- Ability to lead and direct large cross-functional improvement teams
- Working knowledge of MS office Suite 2010.
- Lean/Six Sigma belt accredited
Our Company Benefits:
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose, offering highly competitive benefits:
- A compressed nine-day fortnight – which means every other Friday off!
- A flexible benefits scheme - allowing you to adapt your benefits to suit yours and your family’s needs
- A personalised career development plan, alongside regular progress reviews - supporting and valuing your progression within the Company
- Professional training and development courses, both internal and external - allowing you to reach your full potential
- A flexible working environment where your contributions are recognised and rewarded, which includes compressed hours, reduced hours and job share
- A Company sports and social club, offering events at discounted prices – giving you the opportunity to meet and socialise with your fellow colleagues outside the workplace
About General Dynamics UK
General Dynamics Land Systems is a global leader in providing products and support across the full spectrum of combat vehicles. Our global team has more than 6,000 employees working towards creating a diverse product portfolio delivering best-in-class capability to Armed Forces communities worldwide. In the UK, we employee more than 650 people and are leading the way in Armoured Fighting Vehicles and sustainment services. Our vision is documented and embedded into our culture, so all employees understand the Company’s direction and their role in achieving it. We are currently delivering the AJAX programme, providing 589 Armoured Fighting Vehicles in six variants to the British Army and have also developed and delivered 400 Foxhound vehicles - a highly-protected and mobile 4x4 platform with high-deployment availability.
We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace – inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team.