Fantastic opportunities for Senior Environment Specialist - Subject Matter Expert - Chemical Management
AWE is looking for Safety Assessment Specialists. It takes a special sort of person to work at AWE. What if that person was you?
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: Negotiable (dependent on experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply
You will provide advice and documentation to the business as a subject matter on activities that fall within the scope of one or more environmental technical disciplines and facilitate the management and delivery of the Environment Management System.
Ideally, we are looking for candidates with an understanding or knowledge of the following legislations:
- The Fluorinated Gas Regulations 2014
- UK Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation & restriction of Chemicals (REACH)
- Control of Pollution (Oil Storage) (England) Regulations 2001
Successful Candidates will be responsible for:
- Produce timely and accurate environmental specialist support, as a subject matter expert, for one or more technical disciplines or areas
- Manage the technical development, production and review of documentation in support of the Environmental Management System (EMS), as appropriate, assuring that legislation and other external requirements are incorporated into the company's management arrangements.
Whilst not to be considered a check list, candidates should be able to demonstrate some of the following:
- Degree in an environmental science or management based subject or vocational qualification (HND or equivalent) and/or commensurate practical experience.
- Detailed understanding of current environmental management systems including ISO14001.
- Detailed understanding of current environmental legislation, standards and guidance (including licence conditions and environmental permits) relevant to role.
- Understanding of improvement techniques.
- Able to anticipate problems and develop innovative solutions.
- Capable of maintaining a high degree of effectiveness in a multi task role, managing priorities and delivering to challenging timescales.
- Leads by example, visibly demonstrating Company Values: Pride, Innovation, Excellence and Trust.
- Act as the primary point of contact for environmental advice on one or more environmental technical disciplines.
- Derive and analyse environmental company performance metrics. Advise on the production and development of strategies for continuous improvement and actively encourage their implementation.
- Manage and participate in the evaluation of compliance process, including but not limited to inspections, audits and investigations. Advise on the production and development of improvement plans and assure their successful implementation.