General Dynamics Land Systems is on the look-out for a full-time Human Factors Engineer to join our establish Engineering Team. The successful and inclusive candidate will earn a favorable salary of £39,360 to £49,200 based on experience and potential. This is an ideal role for someone who has a proactive and positive mindset and a keen desire to grow professionally.
Joining the established team based at our Oakdale facility, you will work across a range of stakeholders, the successful candidate will provide a focal point within multi-disciplined project teams for Human Factors requirements associated with installation of sub-systems or complete design and development at the platform & subsystem levels.
If you were already working in this position, this is what you would have been working on this week:
- Act as a Human Factors specialist within the AJAX Project Team, liaising externally with the customer and internally with the GDUK Design, Production Engineering and Trials teams
- Interpret Human Factors requirements and disseminate them as design and test briefs to the project team
- Provide Human Factors advice and guidance to the GDUK Engineering team and support the preparation of system specifications
- Conduct design appraisals through ergonomic assessment of system designs at the platform & subsystem level and provide documented evidence to support progressive assurance and requirements compliance
To apply for this role, you will require the following:
- A degree in Ergonomics or related discipline
- A proven track record of the application of Human Factors theory to development of an engineered solution
- Familiarity with requirements analysis and management (e.g. DOORS)
- Working knowledge of DEF STAN 00-250/251, MIL STD 1472 and other Defence related standards and processes
- Familiarity with system trials and ability to lead on the conduct of Human Factors V&V Trials Activity
- Chartered status with the CIEHF is preferable
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills
Our Company Benefits:
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose, offering highly competitive benefits:
- A compressed nine-day fortnight – which means every other Friday off!
- A flexible benefits scheme - allowing you to adapt your benefits to suit yours and your family’s needs
- A personalised career development plan, alongside regular progress reviews - supporting and valuing your progression within the Company
- Professional training and development courses, both internal and external - allowing you to reach your full potential
- A flexible working environment where your contributions are recognised and rewarded, which includes compressed hours, reduced hours and job share
- A Company sports and social club, offering events at discounted prices – giving you the opportunity to meet and socialise with your fellow colleagues outside the workplace
About General Dynamics UK
General Dynamics Land Systems is a global leader in providing products and support across the full spectrum of combat vehicles. Our global team has more than 6,000 employees working towards creating a diverse product portfolio delivering best-in-class capability to Armed Forces communities worldwide. In the UK, we employee more than 650 people and are leading the way in Armoured Fighting Vehicles and sustainment services. Our vision is documented and embedded into our culture, so all employees understand the Company’s direction and their role in achieving it. We are currently delivering the AJAX programme, providing 589 Armoured Fighting Vehicles in six variants to the British Army and have also developed and delivered 400 Foxhound vehicles - a highly-protected and mobile 4x4 platform with high-deployment availability.
We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace – inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team