We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our Maritime team here at Lockheed Martin in Havant, Hampshire. You will need to have a background in Combat Systems for this role.
About the role:
In this role you will be helping to develop and shape engineering solutions for our Maritime sector. This area of our business is growing at a significant pace, with more and more projects in the pipeline, therefore the successful candidate is joining at a really exciting time. What does that mean for you? You will be able to really make your own mark on the company’s progression and play a very important role in the capture and development of new business and give you the opportunity to progress your career as a result.
This is a Systems Engineering role, providing technical and design expertise and solutions to support the Capture Team in their progression of new business in addition to existing programmes. You will be the go to person for all technical expertise and questions to ensure Lockheed Martin are continuing to provide valuable solutions to our customers.
What’s in it for you?
- You will be an integral part in helping grow Lockheed Martin’s capabilities within the Maritime sector
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Flexible working available, including a 4 day working pattern
- A great work life balance and lots of room for career progression
Who are we looking for?
- Proven development lifecycle experience and leadership for Maritime Combat Systems solutions
- Ability to design and synthesize business needs and requirements into effective systems solutions
- Experience of supporting Business Development and Capture Teams in the pursuit of new opportunities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of current Defence Standards within Maritime Combat Systems
Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs approximately 110,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Proven experience with and leadership of successful design, implementation, integration, test, installation and acceptance of Maritime Combat Systems.
- Business-focused attitude and ability to synthesize business and contractual needs and requirements into effective system solution architectures within agreed technical, schedule and cost constraints.
- Experience of supporting Business Development and Capture Teams in pursuit of new opportunities including operational analysis, preliminary solution definition, solution design and preparation and delivery of proposal material including schedule and cost estimates.
- Able to support Systems Engineering tasking - requirements analysis, decomposition, allocation, systems integration and testing.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to convey complex data in a clear and concise manner to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of current Defence Standards as applicable to the maritime combat systems domain.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
- Enthusiastic self-starter with the ability to work with all levels of engineering, programme management and business leadership.
- Familiarity with maritime air defence systems (hardkill and softkill) and Threat Evaluation and Weapon Allocation protocols.
- Familiarity with Directed Energy Weapons.
- Ability to interpret current practices and processes, recommend improvements where necessary and drive change.
- Able to develop Technology Roadmaps and conduct assessment of existing Systems, modified or new Systems, and embodiment of COTS/MOTS Systems.
- Able to conduct internal and customer-funded Research and Development studies.
- Experience of Model Based Engineering and Digital Development Environments
- Ability to plan and control own work and that of assigned staff.
- Able to demonstrate strong technical leadership within a busy environment whilst providing guidance and mentoring to other engineers