AWE is currently recruiting for a Handover Coordinator to manage, organise and control handover activities, on behalf of the Project Manager, to progress successful Handover and delivery of a single project or multiple individual work packages. You will be recommending improvements, where necessary, in accordance with the company's Security, Quality, Environmental, Safety and Health management arrangements and all applicable legislation.
Location - Reading area
Package - £33,850 - c£44,000 (depending on your suitability and level of experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
What will you be required to do?
- Comply with the AWE procedures, processes & standards and ensure that all project team personnel comply with the specific procedures relating to Handover
- Provide handover status reporting to the Handover Team Leader and Project Manager
- Track & forecast the progress and quality of documentation being delivered by disciplines
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project Handover information to the client and project team
- Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude, and encourage this attitude in others
- Assuring deliverables and arrangements between all participating stakeholders are agreed and appropriately accounted for
- Ensure that suppliers and project team understand the AWE Handover Process and are aware of AWE's handover expectations
What will you need to be considered?
- ONC or equivalent qualification in a construction or engineering discipline or a recognised apprentice training scheme
- Suitable experience in a relevant project delivery role within the construction industry
- Proficient in the MS Office Suite of products
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to work with cross-functional teams
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and disabled people.