About the Role
If you have a passion for Digital Signal Processing, combined with a talent in Embedded Software Engineering, then this is the ideal role for you.
This exciting position gives you the unique opportunity to get involved with Software Defined Radio Development.
Our Cyber Works Centre is undertaking an exciting period of growth, with multiple programmes in the Cyber Solutions and Spectrum Convergence domains delivering integrated cyber and electronic warfare solutions.
As part of this development, we are seeking FPGA engineers to join the team, developing embedded processing solutions for Software Defined Radios, using the Open CPI. This will provide complex RF threat detection.
As a member of the team you will assist with the design and development of applications which provide digital signal processing and board support packages.
You will be responsible for planning, conducting, and coordinating software development activities. You will also design, develop, document, test, and debug software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems or questions in computer language for solutions by means of data processing equipment.
You will be involved in the entire development life cycle. You’ll work to apply your computer hardware and software knowledge for programming initiatives. You will also be correcting program errors, preparing operating instructions, compile documentation of programme development, and analyse system capabilities to resolve questions. Our projects provide support for a wide range of programmes and address the diverse needs of our customers.
If you have a thirst for knowledge and a passion to learn new things, combined with a background in Digital Signal Processing or Embedded Software, then please do not hesitate to apply. Technical experience of Open CPI and VHDL are also highly beneficial.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- C++ and VHDL languages
- Knowledge of digital signal processing
- Ability to debug and review others code
- Good Communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to work autonomously
- Problem determination & resolution
- You will have a logical and careful approach to analysing requirements, creating appropriate designs and developing implementation solutions, as well as an understanding of the role of test in ensuring delivery of mature products.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
- Experience of OpenCPI, including applications and workers
- Experience in board support package generation
- Experience of developing FPGAs for Software Defined Radios
- Proven experience of technical leadership
- Knowledge of Radio Frequency fundamentals