At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Are you a Cyber Specialist/Engineer who wants to join a leading cyber team within an evolving and dynamic organisation? We cover full-spectrum-cyber – from Vulnerability Research, experimental concepts right through to developing deployed capability and testing; and are looking for experienced and ambitious specialists/engineers to help grow our Cyber team.
As a Senior Cyber Engineer, you'll be taking the centre stage in the development and innovation in this space.
You'll be expected to perform both development and research activities, and act as a mentor for more junior staff throughout the account. We are in a phase of rapid growth and there are opportunities to develop your career with us to meet your aspirations.
We have a rigorous assurance process ensuring that that all capabilities are developed to the highest standards.
You will take a role in assuring that these standards are met, and proactively input into these standards to make sure they are current and applicable to the work that is undertaken.
What you will be doing:
- Contribute to exploratory research and VR assessments, including the design and build of PoC capabilities.
- Contribute to the design, planning, development and testing of high assurance capabilities.
- Write technical reports targeted to a variety of audiences (both technical and non-technical), and present to external stakeholders.
- Estimation and planning of tasks.
- Provide mentoring to other members of the team, and those around you.
Key Criteria Required:
- Experience across a diverse set of programming languages, such as: C/C++, Assembly, C#, Python and scripting languages; with particular emphasis on native languages.
- Experience of disassembly and decompilation tools, such as: IDA Pro and Hex Rays, Ghidra, Binary Ninja.
- Experience of research tooling, such as: Wireshark, Sys Internals, API Monitor. Experience across a wide range of platforms, including Windows, Linux, iOS, Android, and embedded systems.
- Experience of working with virtualisation products, such as VMWare or Virtual Box.
- Experience working with containerisation products and cloud services, SaaS, PaaS, etc.
- Experience of designing and developing innovative software solutions.
- Experience of writing technical reports and presentations.
- Keen to expand knowledge and continually improve.
- Experience of Agile/Scrum methodologies, and use of Confluence, Jira and Wikis.
Additional information for your consideration: You must be able to hold and maintain UK Government clearances
Looking for flexibility? Speak to us at application stage about what may be possible
Northrop Grumman is committed to equality and diversity in our workplace. Northrop Grumman provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status, including race/ethnic origin, color, nationality, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, religion or belief, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status or characteristic.