Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Are you an experienced Software Engineer who wants to join a leading cyber team within an evolving and dynamic organisation? Due to the success of a number of strategic programmes, we are growing our Software Development team with creative and ambitious Software Engineers. With a primary focus on Java, your experience will cover different technologies within an agile environment
For us, innovation is key and we have immediate opportunities for talented software engineers to join our team to help us develop and maintain a suite of applications. We are in a phase of rapid growth and there are various opportunities to develop your career with us to meet your aspirations. You will be helping us to solve our customer's problems within an agile team. You will have opportunities throughout the Software Life cycle from requirements capture through to R&D(Research & Development), implementation, automation and test in a wide range of technologies.
As a Lead Software Engineer you will have had responsibility for the design and delivery of packages of work; leading teams and working with customers. You will be able to deploy applications in a controlled, repeatable way and be developing technical specialisms in frameworks and/or tool sets. Experience of mentoring or line management would be advantageous.
Key criteria required...
- Proven experience in professional Java development, writing well-designed, testable code
- Keen to learn a broad range of technologies on the Java stack
- Experience of DevOps automated deployment technologies such as Jenkins, Docker, Ansible
- Agile Scrum methodologies using tools such as Confluence and Jira
- You must have high level clearance.
Also, we'd love it if you have experience of...
- Cloud-based architectures; certification is a bonus.
- Microservice-orientated or serverless architectures
- Messaging and Routing Technologies such as NiFi and Kafka UX development; creating intuitive and sleek front-ends for clients
- Big data open source platforms such as Accumulo or Elasticsearch
- Supporting business development through contributions to customer proposals and R&D projects
Additional information for your consideration...
You must be able to hold UK Government clearances
Northrop Grumman is committed to equality and diversity in our workplace. Northrop Grumman provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status, including race/ethnic origin, color, nationality, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, religion or belief, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status or characteristic.