Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
The Commercial and Contractual Lead will work across Bids and Contracts and your key responsibilities will include:
- Support negotiation and implement amendments to existing contracts and newly agreed contracts
- Effective delivery of new business activity, within project teams, supporting and managing all commercial aspects of proposals
- Key point of contact for all commercial and contractual issues for the project.
- Manage to resolution Commercial escalations.
- Build, develop and evolve relationships with the customers.
- Work with both Engineering and Operations team to support commercial awareness and processes are followed and maintained.
- Maintain and identify improvements for Commercial processes.
- Work closely with Supply Chain Leads and team.
- Support Senior Commercial Manager (UK) in objectives and tasking.
- Operational responsibility of contracts team including weekly objectives, point of escalation and performance management
What we are looking for:
- Understanding of terms & conditions, and how they work within a project environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally on all commercial matters.
- Numeracy skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Flexibility and proven ability to achieve demanding deadlines.
- Experience of UK export Control and US International Trade in Arms legislation would also be an advantage.
- A Degree/CIPS/A Levels/ONC or similar qualifications and/or experience preferably in business related subjects, Contracts Law or Law.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills, capable of working with senior management at all levels, while planning, executing and coordinating bid work, negotiations and active contract management
- Exposure dealing effectively with competing priorities and deadlines, and able to handle multiple tasks in a dynamic environment.
- You will need to be able to hold and maintain UK Government clearances
- This role will be a hybrid working role with some tdays in the Lincoln office and some remote from home
Northrop Grumman is committed to equality and diversity in our workplace. Northrop Grumman provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status, including race/ethnic origin, color, nationality, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, religion or belief, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status or characteristic.