Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Are you a Software Engineer who wants to join a leading team within an evolving and dynamic organisation?
Due to a number of recent successes, we are growing our Software Development team with creative and ambitious Software Engineers. Working within and Agile environment, with a focus on Enterprise Java, C and C++, your experience will cover a range of technologies to help provide multi-domain Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) solutions for our customers internationally.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will have responsibility for packages of work and should be used to working with internal and external customers.
You will be able to deploy applications in a controlled, repeatable way and be developing technical specialisms in frameworks and/or toolsets.
Experience of mentoring or team leading would be advantageous.
Key criteria required:
- Experience in design, development, test and integration of quality software
- Experience in Enterprise Java, C and C++
- Use of object oriented design and enterprise integration patterns
- Understanding of Service Oriented and Web Oriented Architectures
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux operating systems
- Fluent in software configuration management, such as Git/Bitbucket
- Keen to learn a broad range of technologies in native environments and on the Java stack
Also, we'd love it if you have experience of:
- Agile/Scrum methodologies using tools such as Confluence and Jira
- DevOps approaches and associated tools such as Ansible, Docker and Jenkins
- Messaging and routing technologies, such as Active MQ Enterprise Service Bus technologies and integration frameworks, such as Apache Karaf, Apache Camel
- You must be able obtain and hold UK Government clearances Looking for flexibility? Speak to us at application stage about what may be possible.
- Opportunities exist across the UK to enhance your career progression
Northrop Grumman is committed to equality and diversity in our workplace. Northrop Grumman provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status, including race/ethnic origin, color, nationality, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, religion or belief, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status or characteristic.