Assistant Desktop Support Specialist to provide first/second line troubleshooting support, solving problems for the customer base and Help Desk, working on the maintenance of low/medium complexity desktop systems including, but not limited to, Hardware, Operating System and Security policies applied to those solutions along with application troubleshooting.
The IT Assistant Desktop Specialist is responsible for maintaining and evolving the technical processes and mechanisms, for building and maintaining client computers and will be expected to provide corporate solutions to promote the effective management and maintenance of the Window desktop computing environment with the aim of producing a 'Managed desktop'.
Salary from £26,500
Location - Based on site near Reading
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Escalation of significant issues to the Senior Engineer, Technical Service Manager and Team Leader.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
Deliver Technical Excellence
- Provide first/second line desktop troubleshooting support
- Assist with the development of Desktop System Security, Operating System upgrades and patching strategies, providing technical guidance to various projects including application tuning and planning, installing upgrades and patches in test and production environments
- Undertake Operating System configuration
Have an awareness of basic network troubleshooting support
- Undertake application resolutions within locked down environments
- Assist with automated desktop image configuration and management utilise software distribution systems such as System Centre Configuration Manager and MDT
- Participate in various types of small/medium projects, upgrades and maintenance activities
- Manage SLA's, through effective processes, KPI's and problem management
- Be responsible for diagnosing and following through to resolution any problems, escalating to team members or other teams and vendors when required
- Build relationships with other teams within IT Operations to enable better support and communications
- Maintain technical skills to allow us to benefit from new and emerging technologies in order to make supportive decisions
- The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.