Role - Senior Environment Specialist - SME Sustainable Resource Use
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £41,500 - c£65,000 (depending on your suitability and level of experience
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
You will provide advice and documentation to the business as a subject matter on activities that fall within the scope of one or more environmental technical disciplines and facilitate the management and delivery of the Environment Management System.
Successful Candidates will be responsible for:
- Ensure effective implementation of AWE's Resource Management Plan
- Support embedding the principles of the circular economy across the organisation
- Work with AWE efficiencies team to identify efficiencies relating to resource management including, but not limited to, AWE asset sharing platform
- Work with AWE liabilities management team to ensure effective use of materials and help identify opportunities to use less.
- Work with supply chain management to implement resource saving opportunities
- Attend monthly Environmental Sustainability working group and report progress against objectives and targets relating to resource use
- Support other EMS tasks within the team, as and when required.
Whilst not to be considered a check list, candidates should be able to demonstrate some of the following:
- Degree in an environmental science or management based subject or vocational qualification (HND or equivalent) and/or commensurate practical experience.
- Detailed understanding of current environmental management systems including ISO14001.
- Detailed understanding of current environmental legislation, standards and guidance (including licence conditions and environmental permits) relevant to role. * Understanding of improvement techniques.
- Strong interpersonal/communication, report writing and presentation skills.
- Able to anticipate problems and develop innovative solutions.
- Capable of maintaining a high degree of effectiveness in a multitask role, managing priorities and delivering to challenging timescales.
- Leads by example, visibly demonstrating Company Values: Pride, Innovation, Excellence and Trust.