General Dynamics Mission Systems is looking for an experienced Research and Development Software Engineer to join our thriving team. This full-time R&D Software Developer role is flexible and offers a generous salary of £31,360 - £39,200 and excellent benefits, including flexible working.
As an R&D Developer, you will work on new software solutions across a wide range of technologies. You will participate in the design and implementation of our solutions and your work will help shape where GD-MS goes in the future.
As an Embedded Software Engineer, you can expect to:
- Create Software design and modelling in line with requirements
- Deliver high-quality working code
- Actively participate in the Agile development process
The ideal DevOps candidate will have a Degree qualification in Engineering or a related discipline and object-orientated programming experience in C++ or C#. In addition, source & version control experience using Azure / GIT / SVN and object-orientated design experience is essential.
Our Company Benefits
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose, offering impressive benefits:
- A compressed nine-day fortnight and compressed hours - which means every other Friday off
- A personalized career development plan, alongside regular progress reviews - supporting and valuing your progression within the Company
- A flexible working environment where your contributions are recognized and rewarded with flexible benefits
To apply for this flexible Research and Development Software Engineer job, please contact us today.
General Dynamics Mission Systems aims to be as flexible as possible so this role could either be based working from home, with a requirement for travel to our sites or based within our offices in Chippenham or Oakdale depending upon your preference.
General Dynamics Mission Systems engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace - inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we welcome you to join our inclusive team!
As part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity we welcome in particular applications from women, members of the LGBTQ+ community, ethnic minority groups and those with a disability.