An opportunity for a Systems Integration Engineer to join our Systems integration and Trials Team which sits within the wider R&D function of General Dynamics Mission Systems. You would be playing a key role in integrating emerging new technologies from the Internal Research & Development (IRAD) group and the wider business.
The salary for the role is between £31,360 to £39,200 dependant upon experience.
Within this role you will focus on the planning, design, integration and deployment of radio networks, IP networks, secure communications systems and military tactical applications and networks. This includes supporting field and lab experimentation exercises and dealing directly with customers, external 3rd party partners and internal teams throughout the entire life cycle of the projects.
On a typical day you may be involved in activities such as:
- Supporting detailed planning to successfully execute integration and test activity.
- Supporting the development of appropriate integration and test plans.
- Preparing trial and demonstration equipment to meet design requirements.
- Presenting formally at progress reviews and contributing productively in the team and with external UK MoD and other stakeholders
- Support of field and laboratory trials and demonstrations.
- Working proactively with other engineering teams and Programme Management.
You will bring your experience in system integration with a track record of delivering successful trial and experimentation activities. You will demonstrate your understanding of the system support lifecycle and phases, and challenges associated with support in a delivery focussed, commercially successful organisation.
Ideally you may have experience of some of the below:
- An understanding of integration and test procedures.
- Understanding and experience of Tactical or Commercial communications systems.
- Ability to orient issues within the OSI-layered model.
- Understanding of IP switching and routing protocols, TCP/IP, UDP.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to upskill, learn new subjects & skills
- Problem solving, agility & lateral thinking.
Our Company Benefits:
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose, offering highly competitive benefits:
- A compressed nine-day fortnight – which means every other Friday off!
- A flexible benefits scheme - allowing you to adapt your benefits to suit yours and your family’s needs
- A personalised career development plan, alongside regular progress reviews - supporting and valuing your progression within the Company
- Professional training and development courses, both internal and external - allowing you to reach your full potential
- A flexible working environment where your contributions are recognised and rewarded, which includes compressed hours, reduced hours and job share
- A Company sports and social club, offering events at discounted prices – giving you the opportunity to meet and socialise with your fellow colleagues outside the workplace
General Dynamics Mission Systems engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of more than 13,000 top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defence and scientific arenas. In the UK, we employ more than 1,400 people and are leading the way in Armoured Fighting Vehicles, avionics and communication systems. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency.
We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace – inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
As part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity we welcome in particular applications from women, members of the LGBTQ+ community, ethnic minority groups and those with a disability.