MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Salary £30K to £33K DOE + bonus + benefits
Part time working considered
An opportunity has arisen to join an active, involved and motivated commercial team, in a sector committed to delivering Defence Capability to the UK Armed Forces and other World Governments, covering all aspects of the product lifecycle from concept to disposal.
What will you be doing?
- Business Winning – Being a key player in the winning of new work. Responsible for supporting the full Route to Contract, including the Bidding process, cross functional working to deliver costs in time and generation of proposals, whilst maintaining the viability of MBDA.
- Contract Delivery – Being a vital part of the delivery chain that ensures MBDA meets its promises to our customers.
- Negotiations – With support gaining acceptance and agreement on issues and amendments to ensure contractual compliance within agreed parameters.
- Building and maintaining relationships with new and existing customers, focusing on collaboration.
- Being the interface with internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicating with stakeholders at all levels.
- Reporting to senior management on the progress of your contracts.
- Representing the commercial team in progress/reviews and/or customer meetings.
- Working under pressure to achieve deadlines.
- Day-to-day administration and maintenance of the company systems.
- Promotes best practice and functional excellence.
What are the benefits for you?
- Work within a function that is business critical, contributing to the overall company business plan and know that you are making a real difference.
- Meet and develop relationships with external customers and internal stakeholders.
- Working a varied role that makes every day a little bit different from the last.
- To be part of a valued team where your opinion counts.
- Work for a function that invests in its people and their development
What would you get?
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
What’s great about the team!
- A highly motivated and experienced team with vast experience in delivering and sustaining defence capability with our Armed Forces.
- A team who support one another in common goals across the Directorate, willing to impart knowledge, experience and opinion.
- Working across a number of MBDA UK products, our work is complex, challenging and innovative.
- A team with a drive to make things work better and prepared to redefine the established standards.
- We are a ‘hands on’ function that inspires, creates, innovates and delivers on a daily basis. We will actively support your training and development.
Who and what we are looking for from you?
- A confident communicator, both written and verbal.
- Comfortable building working relationships.
- Adaptable and Approachable.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Analytical in approach.
- Determined to succeed.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).