An opportunity has arisen in our fast moving Logistics department for a Principal Customs Officer to manage the Customs Team whilst liaising and working closely with our export control team, local customs officers and freight forwarders to effectively Import / Export product in the UK
What we're looking for
- Detailed knowledge of UK Customs Activities and International Trade, import / export legislation and processes
- Ability to adapt style of communication to ensure effective delivery of service
- Strength of character not to deviate from process when other demands appear
Here's what’s in it for you
- Managing a newly constructed Customs team to meet business demands with Import / Exports for all Manufacturing (IPR and Customs Warehousing)
- The chance to employ skills and knowledge to MBDA, working in close partnership with the shipping teams in Bolton and Stevenage
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities!
Join a great team!
You will be managing a dynamic, focussed team responsible for all Customs Activities related to Imports / Export across the UK.
Training, progression and development of staff and yourself is an integral part of our core thinking and courses and training will be ongoing throughout your career.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended 2-3 days per week approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.