MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
An opportunity has arisen for a Quality professional to join the Product Assurance team. In this role you will be responsible for managing a small Product Assurance team and its associated activities on a new multi-national Weapon System development programme. This is an exciting time to join the FC/ASW team as we launch the programme into the next phase of the development lifecycle.
Main purpose of role:
- You will be the Quality Authority, ensuring the Product Assurance team provides assurance of the project development processes and activities across our worldwide Supply chain and MBDA Engineering teams. Lead the Project Quality network to provide aversion strategies for quality related risks within the Project.
- You will provide the focus and co-ordination of Business Improvement activities across the project.
- Be the formal interface with the Customer for all Quality related issues to minimise impact of customer concerns on project teams. Lead and co-ordinate all activities devoted to achieve and improve Customer Satisfaction on quality related issues.
What are we looking for?
- Preferably degree educated, or substantial experience in Engineering and Quality Management.
- Practitioner of current QA problem solving methods (8D, Six Sigma, DMAIC, etc.) with a logical approach to solving problems.
- Systems engineering background desirable with an understanding of the DOORs tool
- Knowledge of the Quality Tools and an understanding of non-conformance management using SAP would be an advantage
Additional role responsibilities:
- Establish, review and maintain quality planning documentation for the contract. Support the Project team in developing cost effective project planning in support of all contractually required conditions, whilst meeting MBDA policy and process. Develop local processes and procedures to optimise project control. Assure Project Directorate continuous control on product quality targets achievement, by means through an independent periodical reporting.
- Ensure adequate flow-down of Quality requirements to sub-Contractors according to programme requirements. Instigate surveillance planning and monitoring to provide ongoing assurance. Be the project Quality Authority in dealings with supplier issues.
- Identify Project Quality issues/risks within the MBDA Engineering teams and Suppliers as potential risks for the project milestone achievement, and for quality of deliverables. Act as Quality Authority to provide potential solutions and lead aversion strategies for quality related risks within the Project.
- Deliver measures of process compliance to the project management team and the customer, providing assurance in meeting or exceeding contractual conditions.
- Implement the PLC Gate process across the Project, ensuring generation of an annual gate plan, and facilitation of reviews and timely closure of actions.
- Manage and implement the Project non-conformance process including facilitation of the System Level NCR Panel and generation of supporting metrics.
- Provide assurance of the processes supporting Industrial Validation of Supplier and in-house equipment.
- Provide Quality inputs into Design Reviews, Fit for Trials and Fit for Fire reviews.
- Conduct assurance activities that contractual requirements (technical and non-technical) are demonstrated in order to certify the compliance of the deliveries according to requirements.
- Establish project document management policy
- Advise bid managers/win team leaders of acceptable quality requirements in the preparation of tenders or in response to customer enquiries. Negotiate Quality-related conditions of contract with all customers.
- Facilitate business improvement through sharing and adoption of best practice. Define and recommend business improvement plans/activities providing cost benefit analysis of such plans.
What’s in it for you?
You will be working in a high technology environment, on a high profile multi-national programme. You will have the opportunity to support the implementation of our MBDA NEXT improvement programme on the Project as we drive to maintain our reputation as a leading designer of Missile and Weapon Systems.
This role provides an ideal opportunity to experience the complete product MBDA lifecycle and be part of a dynamic, supportive Product Assurance team.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
Come and join the Product Assurance team and contribute to a shared ambition for business improvement, improving Customer Satisfaction on quality and preserving your work/life balance!!.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended 2-3 days per week approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.