Salary - £34,345 plus bonus and benefits
Part time working considered
MBDA are looking for an experienced Electrical Test Operator to carry out test tasks within the operational business in accordance with product certification procedures, defined workmanship standards, allocated budgets and timescales to meet project goals.
- Certify the product in line with the product certification procedure
- Maintain product certification and approval via regular audits
- Possess a versatile skill base with the capability to apply these skills across a range of tasks
- Carry out setting-up procedures for testing, to include the awareness of the need for periodic re-calibration of test equipment
- Carry out tests on electronic equipment in accordance with test instructions, using specified test equipment
- Carry out simple fault-finding procedures on electronic equipment
- Keep test records and reporting faults for rectification
- Ensure manufacturing test times are met
- Check and complete all paperwork associated with the manufacturing data pack
- Maintain to the highest level, workmanship standards and product quality
- Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process
- Maintain a safe working environment and a good housekeeping policy
- Communicate best practice to other team member
What we’re looking for
- Formal technical/engineering/craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21
- Ideally formal further education certificate to HNC or equivalent certificate
- A proven track record of delivery as a skilled person
- Team player who is able to demonstrate customer focus and a collaborative nature
- Proven planning and organising skills
- *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States
With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe’s leading guided weapons company and with this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge, by exploiting new markets and new applications for our world-class technology base
Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended 2-3 days per week approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.