Salary: Up to £36,000 dependent on experience plus bonus and benefits
We are seeking an Electronics Engineer to join our Calibration & Maintenance Team, to service Electrical and Electronic Test Equipment, including Special to Type Test Equipment (STTE).The work is extremely varied, interesting and challenging.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum qualification: HNC/HND in Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent apprenticeship.
- Experience and knowledge in the calibration of test equipment and maintenance of test systems to component level.
- Good understanding of calibration principles and processes.
- Able to mentor other or more junior staff when requested by line manager.
- Able to deal with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- A good understanding of SAP would be desirable.
- Experience of working on Environmental Chambers an advantage.
What’s in it for you?
- You will be working with an experienced team of Calibration & Maintenance Engineers supporting complex test platforms in the manufacture and test of complex missile systems.
- You will be trained to calibrate special to type factory test equipment using a range of technologies, DC to Microwave.
- You will have an annual review to assess and plan any future development opportunities and needs to widen your overall engineering knowledge.
- You will have the opportunity to liaise with Engineers from a broad spectrum of engineering disciplines, e.g. Manufacturing, Design, Test, to gain an overall appreciation of MBDA and its function.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
- Calibrating test/measuring equipment to defined instructions, handbooks, drawings or specifications and providing technical advice/guidance on C&M measurement.
- Provide technical support to Technicians within the C&M department.
- Maintain and repair test/measuring equipment to component level.
- Generating clear and comprehensive calibration/maintenance records for traceability purposes.
- Safety systems testing of Test & Measuring equipment in line with documented procedures.
- Test Facility commissioning and acceptance ensuring Configuration Control of Equipment and Facilities.
- Provide Technical support to facilitate the efficient servicing of STTE to enable production testing of hardware and repair phases of the contract. Assessment of related equipment issues directing support services to resolve equipment failures.
- Represent Calibration department at Integrated Production Team meetings to provide technical information/advice when requested
Join a great team!
You will be joining a small, dynamic, focussed team responsible for the support of the manufacturing function across all stages of product assembly integration and test.
The team are self-motivated and work directly with support functions and engineers across MBDA to resolve routine and non-routine tasks arising within the business. Team work and knowledge sharing is an essential part of the team ethos as is the understanding of workload and throughput achievements.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.