MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
This is an exciting opportunity in a fast moving, unique, multi-national Function managing the Company Industrial Policy and Supply Chain Management approach.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the evaluation and development of an assigned portfolio of Major Equipment Suppliers in order to ensure Capability, Capacity and Performance against current and future Domestic and Export programme requirements.
What we’re looking for
- Good influencing and problem solving skills
- Experience of root cause analysis, 8D’s, A3’s, Fishbone
- Relevant experience within a Manufacturing environment, Capability & Capacity expertise
- Working in a Matrix organisation
The primary objective of this Supplier Performance Manager role is to support the creation of a robust, sustainable and high performing Supply Chain focused on Continuous Improvement in order to maintain MBDA’s ability to meet customer delivery milestones for current and future programmes. Managing a portfolio of equipment suppliers you will support cross functional activities to assess the Operational Performance and Business Capabilities of your suppliers.
The role is a pivotal position that requires the ability to be able to engage and build effective relationships at all levels.
- Production Phase (for assigned Portfolio of Suppliers):
- Risk Management
- Generate Supplier Risk Profile through Risk Understanding assessment as part of the Supply Chain Risk Management process, determining a baseline maturity scorecard.
- Identify potential industrial risks and put in place associated improvement and mitigation plans. Manage risks to closure. Escalate critical Supply Chain risks affecting Supplier OT and OQ performance using company Risk tool.
- Industrial Performance
- Monitor Supplier Performance (On Time, On Quality) and its adherence to Operational demand during production.
- Manage preventive analysis against delivery performance: Conduct root cause analysis, in conjunction with Supplier, in order to address actual and predicted poor performance against OT and OQ targets.
- Recovery and Improvement actions
- Develop Continuous Sustainable Improvement Plans (CSIP) and track improvement trend against baseline maturity score. – both looking at MBDA and supplier sides
- Manufacturing capabilities sustainability
- Ensure continuity of industrial processes and tools at the suppliers facility, are implemented during development and monitored through out production phase.
- Ensure sustainability during potential ramp-up or ramp-down phase.
- Development Phase (for assigned Portfolio of Suppliers):
- Support Project Industrial Manager for Supplied Equipment (IMSE) during the development phase, by providing a complete picture of Supplier Performance, Risk, Capability and Global Capacity.
- Contribute, as appropriate, to Industrial Validation Process (PRR, FAI, IVM, VMS) in support of the Project IMSE and endorse the Surveillance Plan to be executed during the Production phase
Here's what's in it for youOpportunity to be involved in complex international programmes, responsible for delivering a critical element to ensure MBDA delivers on our customer commitments. This is a unique role that will provide visibility and experience across major equipment's of missile and weapon systems, exposing the successful applicant to a range of complex and technologically advanced products and technologies.
Career development opportunities to progress to Senior Supply Chain Manager status. The Industrial Policy, Global Supply Chain Management and Procurement (ISP) directorate are developing a Procurement Academy to deliver enhanced levels of capability and certified training in support of career path.
The role will offer collaboration, travel and engagement with other MBDA sites and suppliers
Our benefits*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
We are a dynamic, growing and experienced team with a balance of technical and business professionals. Each Supply Chain Manager shall have allocated to him/her a portfolio of suppliers, for which to be responsible for delivering continuous improvement in capability and performance.
The Team are driving towards achieving a vision of ‘A robust and sustainable Major Equipment Supply Chain that delivers to our business and customer requirements supply base capable of supporting MBDA’s global vision and strategy
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.