MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Salary: £50,000 to £60,000 dependent on experience plus bonus and benefitsShift work/ Shift
patterns: Dynamic Working will apply with occasional need for out of hours to cover upgrades.
An innovator and trail blazer with a desire to be part of high performing teams, agile in approach and mind set but with a respect for standards and common goals. Is this you?
MBDA and its partners are embarking on the next generation of products with a “digital first” aspiration. Digital twins, digital continuity and all of the related concepts are now a necessity for the future success of MBDA’s Model Base Engineering, Manufacturing and through life support.
Information Systems needs a skilled solution architect to work directly with the programmes teams to bring the right systems and solutions to the ecosystem for those products whilst integrating with the group-wide enterprise level application toolset. As the lead representative of the IS team within programmes, you will bring your knowledge and experience to successfully facilitate collaborative working within a diverse engineering team.
What we’re looking for
- A broad level of technical information technology and information systems knowledge and expertise in the areas of; developing concepts and scoping enterprise systems and services, especially in the integration of disparate and distributed solutions in a defence environment.
- Awareness of industry infrastructure and operating standards such as SQL, DB2, Active Directory, Virtual Machines, Websphere, Windows & UNIX.
- Strong experience of Systems Engineering processes/lifecycle and of the lifecycle of information systems including acquisition and development of new technology is essential.
- Experience of the existing company toolset (or close equivalents)
- IBM’s ALM, PTC’s PLM and any of connected tools including Rhapsody, Zuken and Creo and others.
- Experience of the emerging toolset for the new Engineering Programmes including but is not limited to JIRA, CAMEO, MooD.
- The role is not limited to the existing tools sets or engineering areas, so a knowledge of Aerodynamics tools, high performance computing and other modelling approaches and engineering capabilities is also extremely useful
What’s in it for you?
This is an opportunity to be part of a new direction for the Information Management team which will see skill IT professionals embedded within the Engineering Programme to directly support, influence and direct the digital first approach.
This approach will look at collaborative product development, manufacturing and through life support whilst maintaining the high professional and security standards for information technology systems management.
You will be working with an industry leading company and its partners on programmes and products of national and international strategic importance.
- Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
You will be the bridge between worlds, working with the best of each. Joining a team with diverse skills that exists to deliver, enhance and maintain our applications.
You will be the key part of a new journey to work directly with the company’s Programme Teams with the opportunity to share knowledge, innovate and learn together.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.
This role will require SC clearance with the willingness to get DV clearance.