MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
An opportunity has arisen for a Quality professional to join the UK Tactical Strike Product Assurance team. In this role your primary responsibility will be to provide quality assurance of our major procurement supply chain across a number of Weapon System programmes as they transition into production. This is an exciting time to join the team as we validate our supply chain and begin the journey into production.
Main purpose of role:
- Mitigate quality issues/risks within the supply chain for potential to risk project milestone achievement or quality of deliverables.
- Provide assurance the of the Supplier Industrial Validation activities to ensure an effective transition from development to the production phase.
- Improve Customer Satisfaction on quality related issues.
- Identify and provide support to improve Supplier performance.
What are we looking for?
- Preferably HND educated, or experience in Engineering and Quality Management
- Practitioner of current QA problem solving methods (8D, Six Sigma, DMAIC, etc.)
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
- Knowledge of the Quality Tools and an understanding of non-conformance management using SAP would be an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential and able to influence others in a collaborative way.
- Highly self-motivated and demonstrate a determination and persistence to deliver results despite obstacles and setbacks.
- Position is based in Stevenage, but will require travel UK and internationally when permitted by Government COVID guidelines.
Additional role responsibilities:
- Ensure adequate flow-down of Quality requirements to Suppliers according to programme requirements. Review and agree contractual deliverables including the Supplier Project Quality Plan.
- Conduct risk based surveillance planning and monitoring against the Suppliers contracted Quality requirements with the aim of reducing project risk.
- Conduct product acceptance
- Manage and implement the project non-conformance process on Supplier related non-conformances. Ensure timely implementation of corrective action and closure.
- Identify Quality issues/risks within the supply chain as potential risks for project milestone achievement, and for quality of deliverables. Act as the Quality interface to work with the Supplier to mitigate & offer potential solutions.
- Provide an independent quality assurance view at Supplier design reviews, progress reviews.
- Facilitate product lifecycle gates with the project team at key stages of the development lifecycle, ensuring timely closure of actions to mitigate risk.
- Support our ISP project team to provide assurance of the Supplier Industrial Validation activities leading to issue of Certificate of Manufacture.
- Participate in the Project Quality network to report the quality assurance status of the Supplier activities.
- Identify and share opportunities for business improvement through participation in Learning Reviews.
What’s in it for you?
You will be working across a number of high profile national programmes supporting the future UK Defence capability. The role also provides an exciting opportunity for travel as you manage the quality assurance activities associated with our global supply base.
It’s a fantastic opportunity to apply your range of skills and expertise to improve our supplier performance and help maintain our reputation as a leading designer and manufacturer of Missile and Weapon Systems.
- Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
Come and join the Tactical Strike Product Assurance team and contribute to a shared ambition to deliver for our Armed Forces and preserve the company’s reputation as the leading provider of Missile and Weapon Systems. Achieve all this while maintaining your work/life balance!!
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.