AWE is currently recruiting for a Principal Commissioning Manager to provide leadership and management of a professional engineering service in support of the CASD Programme and the company's strategic goals.
Location - Reading/Basingstoke area
Package - £55,450 - c£80,000 pa, depending on suitability and level of experience
AWE offer a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available.
What will you be required to do?
- Being an active member (as required) of the facility Asset Change Board(s), making decisions on changes and recognising their impact
- Responsible for functional/task management to meet the professional standards, performance and integrity of the work and reporting information necessary to support the business objectives
- Ensuring compliance with Company Assurance Environment, Safety, Health and Quality (ESH&Q) and statutory requirements
- Supporting the Department Group Leader to ensure that appropriate resources are identified and allocated to meet business requirements; elevating areas of concern where appropriate
- Providing improvement mechanisms based on current operating experience, wider UK commercial best practices and peer nuclear and explosive licensed organisations
- Leading and optimising the delivery of engineering service
What will you need to be considered?
- Previous experience of working in a technical environment, whilst being responsible for the engineering lifecycle
- Excellent understanding of regulatory governance and compliance within a nuclear and high hazard industry environment
- The ability to articulate technical complexities and have very good communication skills
- Experience of chairing technical and general meetings and direct work to meet the programme
- A proven background of delivering engineering capability across a manufacturing and/or research environment comprising a range of infrastructure and associated manufacturing and/or research plant and equipment
- A reasonable understanding and ability to apply applicable legislation and standards relevant to safety within engineering (e.g. HSAWA, CDM)
- Effectively able to lead multi-discipline groups
- An awareness of supply chain methodologies
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and people with disabilities.