We are recruiting for a Radio Communications Engineer, to support the business in providing a high-quality Radio communications environment by providing and managing the provision of Operational and administration expertise to the User community.
Due to the nature of this role you must be willing to be DV cleared. Flexible working is not possible for this role.
Salary from £26500 - £39000 depending on experience
Location - Based on site near Reading
AWE offer a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight in the UK and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available. We welcome applications from candidates looking for full and part time hours for this role.
- Escalation of significant issues to the Technical Service Manager and Team Leader.
- Ensure Radio Services are maintained and up to date.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health & security awareness and be a great team player.
- Deliver Technical Excellence.
- Core Radio System Support - Build, maintain and manage the provisioning of Radio environments to AWE, in keeping with current SLA's, through effective processes, KPI's and Problem Management.
- Ensure the provision of Radio services meets agreed Operational and Service level agreements.
- Monitor the functionality of the Radio services.
- Assist with diagnosing and following through to resolution any problems, escalating to team members or other teams and vendors when required.
- Maintain technical skills to allow us to benefit from new and emerging technologies to make supportive decisions.
- All - Responsible for undertaking other duties as reasonably required from time to time by line and task management.
- The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.