An opportunity has arisen in the Information Management Network Team for a Network Specialist with design and validation experience. We are looking for an enthusiastic / dynamic individual to work within the team in both Operational and Project role capacities. Overseas travel will be required as part of the role (Pandemic restrictions permitting). The candidate must be able to hold a security clearance level of SC (minimum) and be willing to be put forward for DV clearance.What are we looking for?
- Minimum Cisco CCNP or equivalent Network certification essential (lapsed certification considered)
- Experience of Cryptography (commercial and military / high grade) essential
- Experience in multi-classification Network Design / Validation desirable
- Previous Aerospace sector experience or appreciation-of / working-at elevated security levels desirable
Here's what’s in it for youThe IT sector is constantly evolving to keep pace with both technology and threat, therefore new solutions or changes to the current environment are required on a continual basis: as a mainly Cisco House, training credits are provided, and the team are encouraged to keep skills / certifications up to date. We will also offer training on other (Network related) platforms as they are introduced.
What would you get?
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities!
Join a great team!
- Lead or assist with examination of non-standard or project requirements from partners including end customers, internal product-facing teams, IT colleagues, support and outsourcing partners and others.
- Liaison with colleagues and support partners to form an architecture
- Participate in project teams for large projects and lead/self-manage for smaller scale activities
- Support to project management colleagues in providing specialist technical support and consultancy for project activities
- Creation of documentation and presentation materials in support of business activities
- Close cooperation with security operating centre and information security teams to ensure the highest standards of secure design
- The Greater MBDA Network ‘Group’ team comprises of UK / FR / GE and IT members – although the team you are joining is primarily UK based, you will also be working with various team members of different Nationality depending on the project / work as required. All speak excellent English.
- You will be joining a dynamic, focussed team providing Network services into the MBDA business where we have a constant stream of projects – from upgrades through to totally new solutions that you will take part in: upcoming work includes a new Datacentre, new office buildings, and a new remote working solution to name a few.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.