WHAT TO EXPECT
The purpose of this role is to coordinate the design, development, testing and introduction of new Lighting systems and components or commodities. Operating in a cross-functional organisation, Lead Engineers will report into the relevant Group Leaders and, where delivering on specific vehicle programmes, have an additional matrix report into Module Leaders. The role requires the individual to livery the commodity plan to quality, cost and time and lead on the technical content and integrity of specific components and systems across specific programmes.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
As a Senior Lead Engineer in Lighting your responsibility will be to deliver the commodity plan to quality, cost and time, including maintaining the Worldwide Engineering Release System (WERS), own and deliver the Engineering Advanced Product Quality Planning (ADPQ) deliverables and manage Change Request, expenditure forecasting and the relevant supplier teams in support of delivery of the programme milestones.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
You will have previous experience delivering an engineering project. You may have previous experience in Body Engineering / Exterior / Lighting Systems environment, this would be beneficial but not essential. Candidate must have experience of project management, ideally encompassing work with suppliers or other external organisations. You will have skills in Microsoft Excel / Power Point / Word, and should be able to demonstrate a logical and methodical approach to component applications, verification and validation.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Previous experience of leading the resolution of business, technical and process issues within a Project Team environment
* A good working knowledge of product creation & delivery, change control, product definition and change management processes
* Degree or relevant equivalent experience preferred
* Automotive lighting Experience with OEM or Lighting Supplier is desirable
* A good understanding of the Foundation and Design FMEA process, Design Verification (efDVS/RMDV), and AIMS processes are required in conjunction with experience of Forward Model Quality strategies.
* An understanding of Engineering Standards and Test Procedures would be beneficial.
* Knowledge of CATIA (Version 5), TCe and Digibuck, to be able to view and interrogate geometry, will be a considered an advantage for this position.
* An understanding of S-DOTS (Standards authoring and approval application), Byteworx, Product Creation Standards and all of the different document types (Requirements, DVMs, Design Rules, STJLRs, TPJLRs) would be beneficial.