WHAT TO EXPECT
Hybrid and Electric Propulsion Systems support Jaguar Land Rover's objective of delivering clean and efficient products to our customers. The electronic module hardware team develop specifications and manage suppliers in the development and delivery of electronic module hardware for Jaguar Land Rover products. This team works with the software teams with the capability to rapidly develop and deploy a platform for the application control software, maximising the benefits of these technologies through a short time to market, delivering unique industry leading features.
As Propulsion System Diagnostic Lead Engineer, you will be responsible for developing the diagnostic vision and strategy for our Powertrains. You will be provide expert support for system design from a diagnostic perspective. You will work very closely with the software & hardware team to optimise diagnostic strategy, maximising customer up time through robust diagnostic strategy and right first time root cause capability. The role encompasses ensuring the resulting platform is capable of meeting the reliability requirements of the application software and overall system via robust validation testing plans. A key aspect of this role is developing a vision and supporting the implementation of predictive diagnostics and statistical functions within the electronic modules software as well as service test routines. You will work hand in hand with the DOTA (Data over the Air) team in the delivery of this vision.
The role encompasses developing the supporting processes, working to the company's quality procedures throughout. Forming good working relationships with supplier teams is a key aspect of the role, working under the guidance of the department group leader.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
As an EP-6 Diagnostic Lead, your responsibilities will include documentation diagnostic best practice to achieve the Diagnostic vision, train and support teams with the implementation and support concept development and delivery of advanced diagnostic strategies to maximise system reliability, provide statistical based predictive failure metrics, pinpoint root cause failures. You will lead on quality projects related to, or adjacent to diagnostic topics, and establish and lead required project meetings to deliver diagnostic concept developments.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
As an EP-6 Diagnostic Lead, you will have strong self-management skills, experience of team leadership. You will ideally have a relevant degree (e.g. Electronic Engineering, Embedded Software Engineering) or equivalent experience preferred and six sigma design principles, statistical analysis. You will have experience working to a quality process, aligned to standards such as ASPICE / AEC-Q100 / Q200, SAE J1211-2012, SAE J1879-2014 etc. You will be experienced in using Change Management Tools such as RTC, JIRA etc., and experience of Agile development working principles. Experience of using of MATLAB / Simulink and other engineering tools for data analysis & modelling is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Knowledge of electronic control system design fundamentals: System engineering, FMEA / FTA, Robustness, requirements capture
* Experience of embedded control diagnostic principles, development environments & concepts, covering topics such as; legislation, manufacturing and service diagnostics, DOTA, big data analysis
* Knowledge of global diagnostic standards such as SAE J1962, CARB OBD etc.
* Working knowledge of analogue and digital electronic design principles, embedded software design & development
* Experience of working with suppliers & customers, both internal and external, in the delivery of embedded control systems
* Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
* Knowledge of EMS engineering tools such an ETAS INCA.
* Understanding of Jaguar & Land Rover engineering and manufacturing processes