WHAT TO EXPECT
We are looking for a Systems Component Engineer to work on the design, development, testing and introduction of new systems and components or commodities. The role will also deliver the commodity plan to quality, cost and time on the technical content and integrity of specific components and systems across multiple programmes.
As a Systems Component Engineer, the main purpose of this role is to support the delivery of the Anti-Roll Bar function group components and subsystems into vehicle programmes. The majority of these components and subsystems shall be physical hardware. The main focus of this role is the Anti Roll Bars, but there will also be a focus on ASU, Air Pipes, Reservoir and Valve Blocks, and Sensors.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers and with JLR internal functions to deliver required designs for prototype builds and production
* Work on vehicle test plans, including detailed planning of test and development stages through to sign off and support Engineering test teams with the rectification of issues
* To ensure all appropriate Jaguar Land Rover standards are met throughout design maturation process
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
You will contribute to the negotiation and agreement of targets for the component or sub-system and ensure all programme deliverables are tracked, monitored, delivered and reported accurately and on time at each gateway and organise and lead appropriate interim review events
You will be responsible for ensuring the content is properly specified, the supplier delivers against this specification and that the delivered system is fully verified for inclusion on a vehicle program meeting the programme requirements for quality, cost and time.
We require an individual that has previous experience in managing the resolution of business, technical and process issues within a Project Team environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* You must possess a customer-first mindset that is easy to do business with and makes people feel special, driven to deliver experiences that are personalised, transparent and dependable.
* An individual who is results-driven with the ability to deliver operational plans in a highly demanding environment
* Degree or relevant equivalent experience is desirable
* Team worker with strong organisation and communication skills. Strong on managing DV and PV testing, reporting results and resolving issues
We are reimagining the future of modern luxury by design through our two distinct, British brands.
Our brands are steeped in a rich tapestry of timeless designs that resonate with people, creating an emotional attachment, an intimacy, that is truly unique on the global stage.
Jaguar Land Rover has been a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tata Motors, in which Tata Sons is the largest shareholder, since 2008.
Two brands. Two distinct personalities. Both connected by the elements of quality and sustainability that underpin Jaguar Land Rover's future of modern luxury by design.