WHAT TO EXPECT
We are looking for a Project Engineer that will work on the design, development, testing and introduction of the Suspension System Components such as Springs, Dampers, Roll Bars, to support a unique SVO specific suspension system.
The role will require close working with the SVO Vehicle Dynamics team, and the Core Chassis teams to ensure the continued development of SVO operations. The Project Engineer will report to the SVO Chassis Manager and support the Lead Engineer.
You will be responsible for working with the supplier to deliver against this specification and that the delivered system is fully verified for inclusion on a vehicle program meeting the programme requirements for quality, cost and time.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* You should be capable of supporting the development of suspension components within SVO Chassis
* Will possess the ability to deliver the commodity plan to quality, cost and time, including maintaining the Worldwide Engineering Release System (WERS)
* You will be responsible for working on the JLR and the supplier rig test plans, including detailed planning of test and development stages through to sign off and to support Engineering test teams with the rectification of issues
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
You will possess a strong understanding and knowledge of the whole automotive vehicle product design, requirements, attributes, and verification.
We require a Project Engineer that has previous experience in managing the resolution of business, technical and process issues within a Project Team environment.
You will be capable of working on the JLR and supplier rig test plans, including detailed planning of test and development stages through to sign off and support Engineering test teams with the rectification of issues.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* An understanding of the component Design & Delivery of Springs, Dampers or Anti-Roll Bars is desirable
* Good working knowledge of product creation and delivery, change control, product definition and change management processes
* We're looking for someone that has a passion for the Automotive Industry and the potential for Automotive Technology