WHAT TO EXPECT
As an EDS Quality Engineer, you will join a very capable and skilled team in charge of monitoring quality systems, and analysis and solving of every EDS related quality issue, raised by end customers through dealers, by our manufacturing plants, by our suppliers or internally during our development process. Your analytical and robust approach will be key to confirm the problem definition with all available information, the understanding of the root cause analysis and the application of efficient containment and permanent actions, as well as the definition of the necessary prevent-reoccurrence actions. Your communication and presentation skills will help you conduct the multidisciplinary teams towards the necessary steps to solve every issue. Ultimately, the role will contribute to the delivery of Quality targets for each vehicle line
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
As a EDS Quality Engineer you will be responsible for providing assistance to the investigating commodity to accurately define and represent the issue by utilising and engaging company problem solving techniques. You will lead resolution of EDS engineering issues through data analysis and working with Manufacturing, Centre of Competence, Suppliers, Product Investigation (Service) and Dealers. You will also provide support and assistance in all areas with EDS engineering expertise and technical guidance with especial focus on the usage of Quality Tools.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
As an EDS Quality Engineer you will be a strategic thinker willing to develop their role for the progression of the commodity. You will have experience on technical problem solving and logical examination of complex data, as well as having a technical curiosity, willingness to learn and not scared to go to shopfloor to get a complete understanding of an issue. You will have experience of cross functional co-ordination capability in Engineering, Manufacturing, Service and Quality Familiar with Define Measure Analyse Implement Control Replicate processes. You must be computer literate, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and be able to easily adapt to company specific systems (previous knowledge in WERS, AIMS, RMDV, ECR's would be a benefit but not essential as training can be provided). Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Proven technical knowledge and understanding related to EDS / wiring harness
* Experience of cross functional co-ordination capability in Engineering, Manufacturing, Service and Quality
* Proven ability to manage senior stakeholders and communicate at all levels
* Green Belt six sigma qualification
* Self-starter on problem solving methodology (8D, 5-Why, Ishikawa, Statistical tools, Weibull analysis)
* Self-starter on component design (functional analysis, DFMEA, critical characteristic identification/cascade)
* Knowledge and understanding of Quality Operating Systems procedures & deliverables
* Previous work within a multidiscipline Engineering team. Experience of technical problem resolution. A knowledge of System validation processes.
* Previous experience within a wiring harness manufacturing plant
* Experience with the following tools: Team Center, DT Database, ECR Database, Digital Buck, EDS-Designer, Component Database (Vesys, Capital Library), Capital Toolset, Reliasoft, RMDV/Doors, IQM, GCM, WERS