MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver For A More Secure Tomorrow
You’ll lead the qualification and proving activities on an exciting Seeker development program as its Chief Systems Proving Engineer. The role will involve the work package management of a multi-million pound work package, as well as the task management of a team of around 10 engineers, providing the leadership and direction to deliver a challenging qualification and certification programmer for both the SPEAR3 and Brimstone 3 Seekers.
You will be leading a team whose primary responsibilities cover:
- Planning and delivery of the SPEAR3 and Brimstone Seeker qualification trials
- System integration of new system features, including fault finding, working very closely with SW,FW,HW and Systems teams
- Delivery of test requirements to ensure we have the test capabilities we need
- Working closely with SW/FW/HW and systems design teams to ensure all verification evidence is being produced in accordance with the DVP and to ensure all aspects of the accepted requirements are provable and testable
- Collations, review and signoff of the products’ final CofDs and any interim certificates required to support development or platform integration
What we’re looking for
- Experience in leading teams with a broad set of skills and experience level to deliver complex engineering programs
Experience in at least one of the following areas:
- System Integration of complex systems (specifically with Radar desirable).
- Hardware or System design of Radar Systems
- Delivery of V&V activities and collation of Certificates of Design
- Design and Delivery of qualification trials (including Environmental, EMC or Hardware in the loop trials)
- Design of program proving strategies, particular ones which have made the most of model based proving.
- A proactive, passionate individual who can adapt to unforeseen issues and create plans to overcome then.
- Work package management to deliver programs to cost
- A pragmatic person who maximizes value from tasks while ensuring quality is maintained
Here’s what’s in it for you
- Act as the primary point of contact for all proving & certification on the Seeker program, working with both internal and external stakeholders/subject matter experts
- Lead and develop a great team delivering crucial and world leading Seeker capability to our UK customer on two of MBDA UKs major projects.
- Work closely with an array of other teams to see the full breadth of the Seeker design
Join a great team!
We are a highly passionate, supportive and knowledgeable team with a multi-disciplinary background. The team has plenty of knowledge they are willing to share as well as being open to new ideas and improvements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.