MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver For A More Secure Tomorrow
You’ll develop and evaluate state-of-the-art algorithms incorporating detection, classification, tracking, reconstruction, and restoration tasks across a range of imaging modalities including visible (RGB), Infra-Red (IR) and Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR).
MBDA is the first truly integrated, multi-national defence company in Europe, enabling the development of missile and weapon systems for each branch of the armed forces: air, sea and land. MBDA’s range of technologies and products consolidates the group as a world-leader in the defence industry.
You’ll become a key member of a dynamic team working within the Image Processing department at an exciting time of growth and opportunity. Responsibilities will include researching, developing and evaluating algorithms that integrate into wider complex weapon systems across all stages of the lifecycle. This will either be through externally or internally funded research studies to investigate algorithms for future developments, or as part of fast-moving and challenging product teams.
What we’re looking for
- Preferably PhD qualified in related area, applications from candidates completing their PhD are also welcome
- A degree with strong mathematical content e.g. Mathematics, Aeronautical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Robotics
- A keen interest in cutting-edge technologies and their applications
- Relevant experience, Post-Doctoral or Industrial, is a strong advantage
You’ll cultivate a broad and in-depth knowledge across a variety of applicable fields and topics. However specific knowledge or experience in any of these areas is of benefit:
- Image Processing Algorithms: Segmentation, Filter Design, Noise Removal, Compression, Super Resolution
- Computer Vision Algorithms: Tracking, Optical Flow, Particle Filtering, Pose Estimation
- Inverse Problems / Computational Imaging: Sparse Coding, Compressive Sensing
- Deep Learning techniques: Detection, Classification, Tracking, Siamese Networks
- Machine Learning: Support Vector Machines, Neural Networks, Gaussian Processes
- Domain Specific Signal Processing: Multi/Hyper-Spectral, RF, IR, SAR, STAP
Ideally you will have knowledge and experience in some of the following:
- Matlab, Simulink, C/C++
- Deep Learning libraries: PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras
- Python including SciPy, OpenCV, Scikit-learn, Pandas
- Model Based Design
Here’s what’s in it for you
- You will play a key role in the development of our complex weapon systems, and gain in-depth knowledge of their design and functionality
- You will interface with engineers from a broad range of disciplines e.g. Guidance, Control & Navigation; Simulation & Modelling; Software Engineering; Hardware-in-the Loop; Systems Design & Validation; Seekers & Datalink Systems
- You will be exposed to cutting-edge technological innovations
- You will have the opportunity to work within an international discipline that has strong links to MBDA sites in France and Germany that will provide the opportunity for both national and international travel
- You will have the opportunity to attend workshops and conferences both nationally and internationally
Why should you come and work at MBDA?
MBDA, is a world leader in missile and weapon systems and a multi-national group with over 11,000 employees across UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and USA
Our success is based on the dedication of its employees, and strives to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
We support flexible research working, to provide a good work-life balance
MBDA has created a lively and open working environment that has earned 11th place in the Sunday Times “Best Big Companies to Work For” ranking
Flexi-time scheme where employees can vary their start and end of work times around a set of core hours, in order to let you fit your work around your home life schedule
Dynamic Working within Image Processing means that you will work predominantly in the office, but as and when tasks allow you may choose to undertake this working from home
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.