WHAT TO EXPECT
eMachine Delivery Engineers are responsible to liaise with external suppliers as well as internal stakeholders and customers to ensure timely delivery of components to agreed specifications. You will also act as the main interface between JLR programme / engineering team and our components suppliers.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
* Keep AIMS up to date for components under your charge- Automated Issues Management System.
* Creation of EBER documentation for each gateway - Engineering Based Evidence Review.
* Maintaining eAPQP.
* Support CPMT meetings and planning with suppliers (Component Program Module Team: STA, Supplier, Manufacturing, Purchasing Engineering).
* Support launch of eMachine production lines in JLR and supplier facilities.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
As an eMachine Delivery Engineer, you will be the main point of contact between the eMachine engineering team and suppliers for the components under your charge. You also should be the liaison between the eMachine engineering team and Program team (and attend required meetings) for the components under your charge.
You will be expected to support the development of eMachine DFMEA, ensuring all failure modes relating to mechanical design are captured and clear linkage to test verification is present. Specification of SCSS to internal and external stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Technical Degree qualified
* Previous experience in a Delivery role
* Experience in or awareness of assembly and manufacturing processes.
* Good knowledge of DFMEA developing process and associated tools.
* Strong technical writing skills.
* Able to effectively communicate and work cross-functionally with technical and compliance teams.
* Good presentation skills.
* Ideally knowledgeable of electrical machine design and principles of operation of eMachines and peripherals (inverter, rotation sensors, temperature).
* Knowledge or awareness of mechanical engineering aspects of eMachines (tolerance stacks, run-outs on rotating components, laminations, copper windings)